• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Computer After 7 Years, Please Help Me Overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FasWojo

Hi All, Well after 7 long years I finally have all the parts for my new system and while I am not new to building I am to overclocking but everyone says this is the place to come for the best advice on how to overclock...So here is what I have and any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!

ASUS A8N-E Motherboard
AMD 64 3700 Stepping KAB2E
CORSAIR XMS DDR 500 4000PT
Zalman CPNS9500LED

I am putting this together Saturday Morning April the 8th, I need help as far as the bios is concerned, like CPU Frequency, the HT and the Voltage and any settings you guys can recommend....I would really like to push this CPU as far as I can on Air.....I would even be willing if necessary to give out my Phone number so someone could walk me through it if necessary...I don't wanna burn up my chip lol!!! Off to work, check in later!

Thankyou!

I'd honestly tell you to wait. Those pieces will overclock well, but this is your first new rig in 7 years. What if somehow you fry it, you're screwed. Also, I don't know your video card, but that cpu is fine to play any game currently out. Until you actually need the extra fps, I don't think you should overclock your system.

*edit* The process of overclocking isn't too hard. Just look for good guides

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

This one seems pretty basic but should get the job done. There is one at DFI street that although it wasn't directly made for you (you don't have a DFI mobo) it can still be used to help you overclock.

aha, so I'm not alone with an ancient system :D
I'm not ready to buy a new compy yet tough, K8L and conroe will be interesting

Well it should be relatively easy since you did your research and bought adequate parts. :) Basically the idea behind it is you just push your CPU as far as you can without putting to many volts through it. The more voltage you have in the chip the more likely its gonna die. When installing windows, try and find your max stable OC on stock voltage (1.350V). Then when you get a clean Windows install on their, you can go higher and for suicide shots or w/e you want to do.

Heres a guide to fill in the blanks - http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=391768

Good luck ! :D

thats a good stepping you got there on your 3700+, my advice to you is to read all the stickies and everypost on A64 overclocking and youll be set.

what psu do you have?

besides that i would just say have fun, take it slow, and focus on one part at a time.

install winxp on stock settings until you know stable settings no point in corrupting your install for no reason. dont forget to post if you have any problems.

Hey guys thanks for the replies, they are very much appreciated!!! I am very determined to overclock this as much as I can safely.....Everyone else seems to overclock, so I figure why not me!!! I wanna get as much of a stable overclock as I can!!! It will get built this Saturday morning and I will have an update this Saturday Night.......Just in case I will have a towel next to me for tears in case I blow it up :) Oh yeah I will have pics too!

Thanks Again!

you won't blow it up unless you put way too much voltage into it, stick with stock volts and see how far you get, and take it slow, BTW :welcome: to the forums

Back