• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A7V133 w/audio warbling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rushb@tampabay

I have a A7V133 with audio, after a few minutes the audio starts this "bebo bebo" warbling sound in the stereo speakers (not MB speaker). Audio still works if you play a CD or anything else, but with the under lying warble sound. The chip and board are not hot, I can't find any conflicts.
Help!!!

My system is:
Asus A7v133
Duron 750
Inferon 256/133
3Dforce2 MX200
Maxtor HD 20G/7200
HP 16X CDR

Firstly Welcome to The Forums. Have you checked in your audio properties window to see it your microphone gain is turned up too high? Also do you have any audio or electrical items that might be causing feedback to the speakers?
This post might receive more help if you ask a Moderator to move it to Video and Soundcards:)

Yeh, definately make sure no cellphones are plugged in or laying around close by.

My speakers go nuts when mine rings while it's on my desk.

Might also want to make sure nothing that is very taxing on the processor is running when playing CDs or MP3s...AC'97 codecs aren't known to be the greatest sound chipset in the world.

Thanks for the info. I have checked the mic volume to no avail. There is no outside source to this warbling sound.
I don't know how to have this post moved, I guess I will leave it hear for awhile and repost it under sound cards later if I don't get anywhere here. This is on board audio so I though that the AMD mb would be a good start.
I have emailed my supplier (USSA) and ASUS, but received no responce yet.

I'm sure a Moderator will move the post for you. Have you also tried installing the latest drivers for your soundcard? Also is the sound output connected to an amplifier? You may have the gain too high on the amp and are getting feedback.

I'm sorry, I really hope this isn't your case, but a while back(like 2 years or so) I used to use the onboard sound on my K6 III board and I had it hocked up to my stereo system and I had the amp at a somewhat high level when I was plugging in speakers and I accidently crossed a couple wires. The outcome was a couple blown fuses, that wasn't the big problem, somehow the computer must have also gotten a bit of feedback because the sound equipment on that machine was toasted and I had to go out and get myself a nice new sound card. The results seem to be similar to your problems, the sound sounds like it's under water or something like that.

But like I said, I hope that's not your problem because that was extremely inconvenient:(

I have tried both amplified and unamplified speakers, this is nothing that easy. It happens no matter where the gain is set.
I think it is a bad chip on the mother board or a conflict of some kind.
I even sent off for a cheap $14 PCI sound card, but the darn thing just locked up the whole PC , bad card! And yes I did disable the on board audio before I installed the new PCI card.
I have been trouble shooting this for a month. A little frustrating, to say the least.
This is my second system I built for my wife. I built one just like it for me using a Hercules Game Theater sound card and out board control rack, it works nice.
Ofcourse, I bragged about how great this one was and how her Compaq 400mhz sucked, now I really need to fix this before I have to eat too much crow. I may buy another sound card and see if that is the cure.
Just thought you guys may have heard of this problem before.
I looked for simalar posts, but found none.

Sometimes onboard audio will have an option to disable both on the MoBo and in the BIOS. Have you checked both? Also if the board is still under warranty, could you return it? That's not eating humble pie, that's faulty goods and good judgement.:)

Yep, it has an onboard junper to disable the audio and in the BIOS, and I disabled both before I installed the PCI card. The MB was $5 more for the onboard audio so not whorth returning unless a PCI will not fix it.

I have the same board, but I've never had that problem. maybe you just got a bad batch. Try updating your 4 in 1 drivers, that might do it. I believe those contain the codecs for ath AC97 audio.

Rushb@tampabay said:
Yep, it has an onboard junper to disable the audio and in the BIOS, and I disabled both before I installed the PCI card. The MB was $5 more for the onboard audio so not whorth returning unless a PCI will not fix it.

Last suggestions, have you tried moving the system to a different part of the house. That would eliminate the possibility of local interference. Also make sure that onboard legacy audio is turned off. Also try disabling the audio in Windows Device Manager it maybe that the drivers conflict with your new sound card, or does it lock before the POST?

I have my fingers crossed.
I updated the audio driver from the web site, then I rebooted it, it has been on for an hour and no warbling.
Thanks to all that posted replies.
I will let you know if it starts up again.
I could be out of trouble, what a feeling!!!!

To no avail. It started the "bebo" warble again after about 2 hours. I reinstalled the drivers, 4 in 1 and the audio, it started within 10 min. after that.
I guess the next step wil/ be to in stall a known good PCI card.

Back