• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

250mm case fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kovboi

Now that we're starting to see cases with 25cm fans on the side panels, what are people's impressions? More importantly, does anyone know how to get ahold of one of these fans individually? :D I'd love to try to mount one in my stacker!

kovboi said:
Now that we're starting to see cases with 25cm fans on the side panels, what are people's impressions? More importantly, does anyone know how to get ahold of one of these fans individually? :D I'd love to try to mount one in my stacker!

This is nothing but a dressed up version of an old idea that predates actively cooled Heatsinks. Back when the side panel off with a box fan blowing into the case cooling it was the air cooling MO of choice.

Here is my version 1100 CFM

1100CFMP22.JPG

Made a lot of noise didn't do a damn thing to help my temps though it did dust out the case nicely for me.

You are still better off with spot cooling and putting the airflow where you need it and allowing the air a path to escape. Turning the inside of your case into a airflow washing machine does not do a whole lot for you.

Electron Chaser said:
You are still better off with spot cooling and putting the airflow where you need it and allowing the air a path to escape. Turning the inside of your case into a airflow washing machine does not do a whole lot for you.
Thanks a lot, EC! I figured if anyone would know about this, it would have to be you. :D I thought a 25cm fan might make a good substitute for the coolermaster crossflow fan (which I don't have, but I've heard works very well), but I guess not.

Electron Chaser said:
ahahahaha. I almost spit water all over my keyboard because of that statement

Back