• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Bios, Flashable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nathaniliov

Hey guys

I have been having trouble finding a bios to flash my current one. I can't overclock any of my components at the moment, so I want to flash the bios. I have included a screenshot with my bioses info, Please steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

,Nathan

First of Welcome To The Forums :welcome:

Now back to the problem at hand. I have been looking around over at www.msi.com.tw, the company who produced the motherboard in your system, and it is not listed. This might be because your computer is made by an computer manufacture, is this case HP. You could surf around at www.hp.com to see if you can find your computer and possibly find a new bios that way.
Good luck.

Does downloading a new bios nessasarly mean overclockability?

BTW thanks for the help.

nathaniliov said:
Does downloading a new bios nessasarly mean overclockability?

That depends on the changses made in the new version. If the programmers optimized the stability in for example the memory controller, then yes. Most bios updates fixes small bugs, nothing life changing, but acationelly they find what is belived to be the holy grail (more speed) ;)

Just a question, which options (regarding overclocking) can you change in the bios you have now? I am asking because most computer manufatures thend to live thoes options out.

nathaniliov said:
BTW thanks for the help.

No problem, here to help :)

Motherboards made for OEM computer builders generally are stripped down versions with no O/C options. If that's the case, then upgrading the BIOS will not help.

with some few boards sold to oems the company makes a retail version that is similar enough that the same bios can be used

i knew a few that had that and flashing could make it overclockable

in your case i cant find a matching board

Back