• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone know where to get just the inverters?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
Ok so awhile back I had 2 sets of (2x2) ultra 4" UV CCFL's in a case with a crappy PSU that contributed to the inverters exploding.

Tonight I picked up another Ultra 12" UV CCFL to put in the new build that is upcoming and decided by chance to test the old 4" lights to see if they work. They do BUT I need the inverters to run them. Is there a way to get just the inverters from somewhere? I dont need any lights if I can pick those up and would hate to trash the perfectly good bulbs.

Thanks,

P.S. Also found out that my "was fanless now fanned" Aspire is running at idle 12.5v and 5.2 even though MBM5 is quoting 11.6 and 3.08. This is with 6 80mm fans, a dvd burner, 5 HDD and a 6600GT. :p

Aspire naysayers can feel free to knock it all you want but a PSU running passive for a year and not exploding and now running within spec with a fan that works is good enough proof that their PSU's are good quality for me.

I ordered inverters from the site vibelights.com two weeks ago and still got nothing....I'm beginning to worry about it because they won't answer to my e-mails I keep sending them to get news about my order.

Adragontattoo said:
Does it strike anyone else as odd that the pagename is cocaine?

No, Unless you get a knock on your door from the police asking for a look around :D

Adragontattoo said:
Does it strike anyone else as odd that the pagename is cocaine?
Picked up an extra "E" somewhere have we? :p

Seriously though, I have ordered from VibeLights a couple times & haven't had a problem.

update: I just got my order from vibelights yesterday, it took 3 weeks to get it to canada, on the site it was 5-7 days :rolleyes:

w/e, these are high quality inverters, the only problem is that they aren't fully compatible with sunbeam or logysys ones, because the inverter has a male plug for the power/pci bracket but two female plugs for the cathodes, while a cheap inverter got all male plugs... I guess I can solder some wires out there, but that'll be a mess if I use the wrong wires :shrug:

Back