• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X2 3800 Stopped OC'n

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silverfoot

I was pondering the right forum for about 10 minutes and finaly settled here.

I tried to oc this morning ( I had brought it down for testing ) and even at +10 mhz it would not boot into Windows.

Now, here is what changed.

I got 2 gigs of ram 2x1 gig, and installed it along with my previous 2x512. In order to make peace I had to set the mem manually for speed and timings. Additionaly, it is 2t now instead of 1t of course.

Would that be the cause? I know I can just set it back to auto to see, but it is my workstation and am using it as such atm. Can't fuss with it right now.

Perhaps this should have gone into the memory forum, but I wanted to see if there were any issues specificaly related to the proc, as I am new to the world of AMD.

Please help, Thanks, and sorry if this was better suited for the memory forum.

I can personally tell you from first hand experiance that AMD CPUs do not like OCing with four RAM sticks (256bit dual channel). If they did I wouldn't have had to sell my 512MB RAM and live without a comp for a week last year while I waited for my 2GB Mushkin kit to come in. =\

Anyhow, remove the two 512s and you should be fine. Let us know how that goes for you.

Thanks guys. As soon as the work day is done, I will pull the 2 512's and stash them somewhere for the upcoming project of a Shuttle box. I guess I reeally do not need 3 Gigs of Ram anyway..I will be happy to have my command rate back as well.

I'll let you know if that doesn't cure it.

Silverfoot.

...you have a PM btw Phreak

Update Took the 2x512 out and she is back to work...Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back