• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800E-Deluxe Where are the 3:4, 4:5 ratios???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moho

I wanna title tooo !
i have a dothan setup, my memory can take up to 270MHZ. its currently 1:1 FSB@201. I am wanting the 4:5 ratio, but all it says is 400MHZ/320/266/AUTO? I am using Bios 23, already triued Beta 23, anyone know where/how to use the 4:5 or 3:4 ratios???

It doesn't have a 5:4 ratio!!! :(

The DDR-400 is "1:1", and DDR-320 is 4:5 IIRC, the others are dividers that will further slow down the RAM. It is odd that the P4P800E-Dlx (865) allows 5:4 ratios, but the "better" P4C800-E Dlx (875) does not :confused:

Go figure :cool:

Last edited:
Well - that is really a 800FSB MoBo designed for OC'ing 800MHz FSB Chips beyond 1000MHz. That is where the RAM OC comes into play. I run mine at 250FSB (1000MHz FSB) for 500MHz DDR-500 RAM and a 3.2E that runs right at 4GHz on air :p . It screams - but it is a dog compared to my Presler rig :D

:cool:

The P4P800E DLX does the trick . like 200 CPU FSB @ 250FSB at MEM, but with the PAT disable as 865 board the gain is very small .

The P4C800-E has it disabled in the bios, you could use a bios editor to enable 4:5 ratio, then the DDR-533 should appear.
I was going to flash and test it but it wasn't worth the risk.

You wanna be a guinnea pig for us moho? I've read that our Dothans are starved for memory bandwidth and there's isn't really a need for it to run 1:1 . Would like to test it out if I could get my hands on a BIOS with a 533MHz option for P4C800.

Maviryk said:
You wanna be a guinnea pig for us moho? I've read that our Dothans are starved for memory bandwidth and there's isn't really a need for it to run 1:1 . Would like to test it out if I could get my hands on a BIOS with a 533MHz option for P4C800.
If someone would like to send me the BIOS, i will be the guinnea pig :p

I use to run a 2.4B / 533FSB in an AI7 using the 4:5 feature with 2x 512MB Corsair XMS3500 Winbond BH-5.
Highest obtainable with low latency was 180FSB / 225MHz memory. I did notice a huge jump in unbuffered bandwidth and large increase of 3dmark scores with 4:5 when compared with the 1:1 setting.
What I am saying, it works, yet I believe you must be careful, since I would believe the chances of overclocking the FSB to higher levels with the 4:5 setting is less than the 1:1 setting.
There is a bios editor to to this, I have in fact already enabled the extra setting but never used the bios in fear that I may not be able to reset the bios. I have now deleted the file in case I used it accidently.

microfire said:
I use to run a 2.4B / 533FSB in an AI7 using the 4:5 feature with 2x 512MB Corsair XMS3500 Winbond BH-5.
Highest obtainable with low latency was 180FSB / 225MHz memory. I did notice a huge jump in unbuffered bandwidth and large increase of 3dmark scores with 4:5 when compared with the 1:1 setting.
What I am saying, it works, yet I believe you must be careful, since I would believe the chances of overclocking the FSB to higher levels with the 4:5 setting is less than the 1:1 setting.
There is a bios editor to to this, I have in fact already enabled the extra setting but never used the bios in fear that I may not be able to reset the bios. I have now deleted the file in case I used it accidently.
true, but i am sure my ram can do at *least* 250MHZ, its actually SPD rated for 270MHZ :shrug:

moho said:
true, but i am sure my ram can do at *least* 250MHZ, its actually SPD rated for 270MHZ :shrug:

Give it a try. You might get away with it being different memory.
I have some spare time, I could mod the bios and you can try it.

microfire said:
Give it a try. You might get away with it being different memory.
I have some spare time, I could mod the bios and you can try it.
Yah thats the thing, the bios only will let me go as high as 200mhz. If you can mod the bios for the 500/533mhz memory, please do, i will try it :)
Thanks

moho said:
Yah thats the thing, the bios only will let me go as high as 200mhz. If you can mod the bios for the 500/533mhz memory, please do, i will try it :)
Thanks

Had a look at the DRAM Frequency option, and I was mistaken, it appears that the setting for 533 (4:5) is unselectable. And unfortunately I am not able to enable it at this stage. Need to learn more.
I did these ratio's in the bios string, and it is there:

3:4
1:1 (133MHz mode)
4:5
3:2
5:4 (200MHz mode)
1:1 (200MHz mode)
5:4 (166MHz mode)

More interesting was a large amount of different extra DRAM options/timings settings that cannot be seen.
And the CPU voltage adjustable to a huge range, from as little as 0.8375V all the upto 1.9500V with increaments of 0.0125V inbetween.

I wish I could do something here, knowning what could be on tap. If anyone has any idea's be sure to post.

Xymurgy said:
The article I linked to has a modded bios.

That article is out of date by almost almost 2 years, meaning that it would not support CT-479, Prescott, or maybe also an EE chip.
It does not state if for -E Deluxe version, so likely only covers the older plain -E version only.
A newer upto date P4C800-E Deluxe bios (v1023) needs to be modified.

Back