• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running 55C idle 65C load, just ordered Millenium Glaciator II...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qualtran

Well, I've been running really hot :mad: with my Global win WBK38 hsf and that thing is LOUD! I tried remounting it over and over using different quantities ranging from ultra thin to thick of Arctic Silver II, but no real difference. So I just ordered a Glaciator II. Maybe I'll use the WBK38 with a smaller fan to cool my graphics card. I'll keep you all posted on the temp change between old and new.

Whew, that's hot :mad:. I have the Glaciator I and my load temp is 48C with my 1.2 doing 1.33 at 1.79v. I think it is quiet to moderate. Good luck and keep us updated.

Qualtran said:
Well, I've been running really hot :mad: with my Global win WBK38 hsf and that thing is LOUD! I tried remounting it over and over using different quantities ranging from ultra thin to thick of Arctic Silver II, but no real difference. So I just ordered a Glaciator II. Maybe I'll use the WBK38 with a smaller fan to cool my graphics card. I'll keep you all posted on the temp change between old and new.

Yea i had the same prob.. i even wanked out, and got the alpha 8045 w/ a low db fan (39cfm). but i still got no real difference in temps. i think its just cuz the TB is clocked at 1.4ghz its gonna run hotter then most other lower ghz chips.. altho going from alum~copper hsf should give you a lil to alot of difference. so good luck.

earthdick said:
Dissolved,
Look at this thread in the "suck vs. blow" debate. Maybe turning your fan around will allow for better cooling.

well i cleaned up my case, and i have my fan sucking from the sink now.. and ive also notice i run cooler with the case side panel on, rather then off like i use to have it.. so i think i got the air flow perfect.. but my temps are still high (very high to some of you)

Even if my temps do not drop dramatically, at least I will not have to listen to that hellacious noise coming from my jet engine of a cpu fan!

Qualtran said:
Even if my temps do not drop dramatically, at least I will not have to listen to that hellacious noise coming from my jet engine of a cpu fan!

well i have a delta fan for 3 months.. and it didnt bother me cuz i more then always had my headphones on.

I actually bought an extension for my mouse, keyboard, monitor and printer from www.cableclub.com and put the computer in my closet (I made sure there was adequate circulation in there). Cut noise down quite a bit! But the high pitch of the fan seems to be able to go through anything. But soon, I'll be going to Berkeley where I'll have roomates, and I don't want to annoy them with my loud system.

Qualtran said:
I actually bought an extension for my mouse, keyboard, monitor and printer from www.cableclub.com and put the computer in my closet (I made sure there was adequate circulation in there). Cut noise down quite a bit! But the high pitch of the fan seems to be able to go through anything. But soon, I'll be going to Berkeley where I'll have roomates, and I don't want to annoy them with my loud system.

there cables are pretty cheap..

just got a glaciator yesterday, and it's a HUGE improvement over my pal6035. my tbird 1200 is running at 1500mhz (150*10) at 2.05V on a modded 8kha. i have good airflow through the case, and my load temp is anywhere from 43C to 50C depending on ambient air temp. i'm in the african summer now, so the ambient temp varies greatly over the day. using radiate II i get my c/w at about 0.17, which is damn, damn good! btw, i measuring cpu temp with a compunurse temp probe bumped right against the core, so it's pretty much 100% accurate.

Oooohhhh, I cant wait to get my new HSF after hearing stories like that! And thats amazing that it keeps it that cold even though you have the high voltage mod! Sounds like I will not be dissapointed! What did you think of the noise?

it's quite a fast fan, so it's not uber-quiet or anything. that said, it's nowhere near as loud as the delta i had on my pal6035!! and believe me, that's a good thing.

Qualtran said:
Oooohhhh, I cant wait to get my new HSF after hearing stories like that! And thats amazing that it keeps it that cold even though you have the high voltage mod! Sounds like I will not be dissapointed! What did you think of the noise?

hey u got my mobo =) , u should search for my posts on the 7dxr.. there might be a temp miss-readout ..

Yeah, I have heard quite a bit about the 7DXR possibly reading temps a lot higher than they are, and I have wondered that my self. I have this program called Vcool that cools your cpu, and when I start it up, my temp drops to somewhere around 30 C within a minute according yo motherboard monitor 5 and my Gigabyte hardware utility. So, that really makes me wonder if my temps are ever as high as reported. But, I'm still excited to get my Glaciator II! I mean, for one the fan will be about 10 dB(A) quieter! And even if my temps are a lot cooler than they are reported, the will be even cooler with the Glaciator!

Back