• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Urgent help needed from those with Promise SATA150 TX series controller cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CAPiTA

Hi guys,

I'm having a very, very frustrating and annoying problem with my Promise SATA150 TX2Plus controller card. I'm currently at university and I have a lot of important documents stored on the two SATA drives that I can't access. The problem started after I reinstalled Windows. I downloaded the latest drivers from the Promise site and I was unable to get the card to work. I would always get an error that said: This device cannot start. (Code 10) . I believe that I ran into this problem before but I dug out my CD and that fixed the problem; however, I don't have access to the disk here so I can't install the drivers properly! I was wondering if it would be possible for another forum member to create an ISO of the driver CD and potentially email it to me. I can't use a floppy drive since I don't own one at this moment. Bah, I never suspected that I would need one again.

If this is possible, I would be extremely grateful. If so, you can PM me for contact details. Thanks a bunch

-- capita

Last edited:
Thanks stunt. Those drivers worked! I have no idea why those ones did and the other ones did not. I must have thought that my model was SATA150 instead of SATAII150. Ugh, thanks again. I messed around for 5 hours last night trying to get it to work.

No problem. My promise was a little querky when I installed it. It changed my boot order to the drives on the card. I had to go into Bios and change the boot order back to My raid array. Sent em an E-mail on that one. That crap shouldn't happen.

Glad your up and running.

Back