• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 CPU's, 1 loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

I've got 2 dual Xeon servers (1.8, 1.7) and 1 P4 (2.6 OC'd to 3.4ish once it gets here) that fold 24/7 in addition to their other duties. They all run very hot and noisy. I have a bunch of extra water blocks and a Mag 5. So I'm thinking it would be nice to put these things on water to kill the noise. I don't need super low temps or anything, I just want to get rid of the noise.

What I'm wondering is if 2 Bonny heatercores would be enough for this? Even though there's 5 blocks the flow shouldn't be severely restricted, since they're maze type blocks.

If not 2 heatercores, what else? Size really isnt an issue.

BTW, yes I have read the thread about the 16 folding rigs on water. That's not really an option because I can't afford it, which is why I'm making do with what I have now.

Like thorilan said, (2) 302's is deffinitly enough, buy I think your pump might hold you back. I would try and see how it goes it might be fine, if not its easy to fix, just add another pump or better one.

thorilan said:
yes 2 bonny cores is enough but if oyu can get a second cheep mag5 i would
also

Thanks that's exactly what I needed to know. I'll try the single Mag 5 to start, but I think I will need another since I want the rads mounted in a window to get rid of heat this summer. That alone will probably add 6ft to the loop. But I think I can keep the total tubing length under 10ft.

thorilan said:
yes 2 bonny cores is enough but if oyu can get a second cheep mag5 i would
also

i just wonder will the 2 cores pull back the flow rate somehow?

Back