• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard bios/new cpu dilemma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azanon

Registered
I'm considering an Asus A8N5X and maybe a X2 3800+, but i'm wondering how does one get around a case where the motherboard needs a bios update to work with the CPU you bought for it? Meaning, I'm assuming I wont be able to get the pc to run long enough to allow me time to flash it.

In the past, I usually just bought upgrade CPUs for the same motherboard, so i just easily got around that problem by flashing the bios before i swapped the CPU chips.

Thanks,
Azanon

With dual cores, most of the time the mobo will run but will only reconize one core, in this case you would still be able to update the bios. But most likely the board will come with a bios that supports dual core since it has been so long since they were first released. Another way is to try to get a updated bios chip straight from Asus.

Back