• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rows in sli!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

logan944t

First off -- I wanna thank all the posters here for the wealth of info that is availible on the forums-- without which I would be stuck with an off the shelf rig.

I recently built my first computer -- asus mobo ( p5nd2 sli) ,intel p4 ht 3 ghz, dual 6800 xt's in sli, windows xp 32bit and a couple of sata hard drives. Everything runs great -- no problems except for one. When I'm in sli mode and playing call of duty 2 and battlefield 1942 the scene is not in sync. What I mean is you can see that each gpu is off by a fraction and it causes rows on the screen. This doesn't happen with doom 3 or ground control 2. When I put sli in single gpu mode -- its fine. Even had a benchmark of 7200 in 3dmark05 with an overclock of 400 core and 1200 memory.

Have I missed something or am I going cross eyed?

Well, I don't have any personal experience with the problem you're having. However, it does sound like you are experiencing "tearing". Try enabling vsync, in the Nvidia control panel, and see if that helps. Good Luck!

Nate

Back