• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how far can i go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont understand what you mean...You cant overclock SATA....If you mean the BUS, extra speed wont do anything for performance and you're risking your HDD.

You are asking if you can push the SATA bus to 500mhz???
I seriously doubt it. Most of the better boards out there lock the SATA speed to 100mhz (mine for example, and I also have a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum which also locks it, someone correct me if i am wrong plz)

ps2cho said:
I dont understand what you mean...You cant overclock SATA....If you mean the BUS, extra speed wont do anything for performance and you're risking your HDD.

ok i ment to say he wants to oc. how far can he oc w/o the sata taking a ****. is in at what point does the sata stop working when you oc. he wants to know if he can go 1.8 to 2.5 (500mhz) w/o the sata taking a ****?

sorry for the mix up guys

i read your post over and over again and i thought thats what your talking about but to my knowledge, there is no relevance? (correct me if i'm wrong)

my venice 3000+ at stock is 1.8 and i oced to 2.6ghz. Its fine.

my guess is try and hope for the best. the best way to overclock though is to not jump to a high number. just keep on incrementing by like 50mhz or so and see where it stops being stable. so run stability tests to see if it wants to crash on anything. and when it crashes set it back down to the one you had before.

I think we need more information. What kind of board and what CPU are we talking about. If it has an AGP/PCI lock then there will be no issue with the SATA drive at all.

Back