• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No display till Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nexus Realized

I just got a new monitor and for some reason it will stay black until my Windows desktop appears. Right now I'm not too concerned with it, however in the future if I want to change anything in the BIOS I'm screwed. Monitor is Gateway FPD2185W connected through DVI.

What videocard are you running? I noticed this samething on my mom's computer while hooked up to my dell 24 inch panel via dvi.

She's got an old 7500pro ati card. (nothing displays until windows).

But with my 7800gt, i see everything from boot up.

Maybe the card?

its just the sync/power saving. Whats happening is its going into power save mode when the video card turns off and not syncing or turning on until the bios screen has passed. It will still go into the bios if you hit F2/Del or whatevery your box requires after the 3 keyboard lights flash.

It might just initalize the DVI port later, I know for instance when I put a PCI card in my PC it doesnt come up until later then a PCIE card.

i made a post about this a while ago (few weeks i think)

My dell 2405 is having same issue ony my sys (sig). i tried everything and got no where. Maybe these gen cards dont init DVI until windows??? thats all i ever came up with.

Mike

Back