• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for specific PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goodgod

I'm planning a project for an awesome water cooled rig for this summer or sooner, so I need to determine what psu to choose. I would like a psu between 520-600w, a modular one, not sleeved if possible or uv green sleeved (because i'll resleeve it with uv green sleeving and uv red heatshrink and connectors) and cheaper as possible while being very stable.

I was thinking about the Sunbeam NUUO 550w but I don't know, some reviews are so so and it seems cheap for a 550w psu. (79$)

Any ideas?

hum, this psu is good indeed, but it's not modular, and the sleeving seems hard to remove....

goodgod said:
hum, this psu is good indeed, but it's not modular, and the sleeving seems hard to remove....

modular = nub.

All you gotta do is, take the top of the psu off,

use molex tool take all the connectors off, take off old sleeving put yours on, put it back together, put all the connectors back on and your good to go ;)

modular=idontwanttotrytohideallthoseconnectorsidontneedsomewhere.

enermax liberty seems a good choice. And I know how to sleeve a PSU, I sleeved all my seasonic s-12 600w, my case cables, my fans cables and everything before. I can say that's my only modder speciality :)

EDIT: the hiper type-r seems a good choice too, it's cheaper and has good reviews.

DOUBLE EDIT: the hiper type-r got some unremovable (I think) right angle molexes, check it out:
modular580wpsu110qb.jpg

Last edited:
-aDaM^ said:
modular = nub.

All you gotta do is, take the top of the psu off,

use molex tool take all the connectors off, take off old sleeving put yours on, put it back together, put all the connectors back on and your good to go ;)

come on, the man asked for modular, not smart *** remarks

i also vote for the enermax liberty, a bit pricey though, too bad antec couldn't get it together to make a better neoHE

You could always snip the connections below the right-angle connectors and re-solder some new molex connectors on there. Shouldn't be hard at all as long as you can find the molex pins.

yeah that's an idea, i'll consider it, but I know it'll take alot of time.

Sleeving the PSU and all my pc cables will take me like 15 hours minimum... Life's hard sometimes.

Back