• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 2005fpw vs Spectre 19" Wide LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I love having a lot of desktop space so I'm kind of biased....1440x900 compared to 1680x1050 is 36% more screen space. Yes it's 50% more but the dell has been proven to be good for gaming by the majority of users here at OCF and is backed by dell which is actualy a very good company to deal with.

Actually im just going to go with the costco 19in". It has an amazing policy of 1 year return, all money back i just read. So if in one year if it breks, or i even grow tired of it i can return it all cash back and get a new one ( they will be much cheaper by then)

Last edited:
n0aH said:
Actually im just going to go with the costco 19in". It has an amazing policy of 1 year return, all money back i just read. So if in one year if it breks, or i even grow tired of it i can return it all cash back and get a new one ( they will be much cheaper by then)

Hope it works well for you :)

Or you can do what I am doing.

Buy the 19 inch spectre from Costco, sit on it for a few months and wait till the 2007's drop in price. Return monitor and Costco store, and upgrade! They have a very nice return policy and are pretty lax. I beleive its 6 months.

The spectre screen probably has at least a 1yr warranty, with the option to extend it through the manufacture. The dell comes with 3 years standard.

The reason I am doing this is to have a Vista compliant DVI monitor. Dont want to drop a bunch of money on a nice monitor, and have it be incompatible with what I will be doing once Vista arrives.

WaTTz said:
I got a feeling about this ... ** cough ** power supply ** /cough ** LoL ;)

lol im sure you guys are wondering what hes talking about. I know him from school and he told me NOT to get the Antec 500W for my system, but i did anyway and it ended up being a POS.

Yeah but im just gonna do the same the guy above me said, keep it for a few months and if i dont like ti return it.

Last edited:
n0aH said:
Yeah but im just gonna do the same the guy above me said, keep it for a fey months and then return it

Make sure you post back with your impressions. I'm curious what you'll think about it.

Doesnt the idea of buying a monitor (or any product), using it a few months and then returning it, sound a bit unethical to you guys? I guess there's nothing wrong since that's the company policy. But I know Costco is losing a lot of money in the process. (I work at Sears and sometime I have to repair/junk the returns, most of it gets sent back to the manufacturer for a 10% credit)

Doesnt the idea of buying a monitor (or any product), using it a few months and then returning it, sound a bit unethical to you guys?

Well, thats because it is unethical. Just because you can do it, doesnt mean you should. I personally would just pay the extra dough and get the 2005FPW right away so I wouldnt have to fuss with the return policy and all that. Or even better, how about a Dell 1907FPW ? I see they are in the cyber deals for 230 and are much better than the Spectre.

Check it out - http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=453866

BTW, dont be suprised when you go to return it after months and they say "no" regardless of their company policy.

How is it unethical to return something if you dont like it or if it is a POS and it is there policy of "100% complete satisifaction". And they stand by there return policy so im sure they would take it back.

^^^^ Exactly, what part of 100% satisfaction dont people understand? If the return policy is 6 months, I can return it after 6 months for WHATEVER REASON I CHOOSE. I dont think its unethical at all if im following their guidelines 100% to the T.

I think more retailers should have a longer return period like Costco. Maybe not 6 months but defintely more than 2 weeks or a month. Sometimes it takes time to really decide on whether or not to keep a product, and 2 weeks isnt always going to cut it in the review department. I am glad for stores like Costco because they give me the oppurtunity to really use the product before I haphazardly have to decided to return a product at another store after using it for a few weeks or risk being stuck with a product that I do not want.

^^I agree with you 100%.

My spectre screen will be here friday so ill do a little review for you guys, took some pics, ect and we can all see how it turns out :)

Oh please... justify it however you want, but it's clearly unethical. If you are buying the monitor with the intention of returning it in a few months, then you obviously will NEVER be 100% satisfied. Do you think Costco woud allow you to make this purchase if you made them aware of your intentions up front? If the answer to this question is "no", how can you possibly view this as ethical behavior?

Back