• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Knife in BF2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MRip

Anyone have any skill with the knife? I just can't figure out how to time it right. 1v1 knife fight I die like 7 out of 10 times. Anyone have any tips? Is it all about lag?

If your doing 1vs.1 knife fights, they are basically all about lag and trying to stay moving. Also, because there is lag in the swings, try and swing before you even reach the person because it will sometimes register as a hit and kill them.

Good luck! lol

I've been doing a bit of pistol and knife only servers and so far by knife may as well be made out of rubber.

a lot of people freak out and hop around like chickens with their head cut off. it is doubly ineffectual now that you can't attack while in the air. My advice is to try to keep them in front of you and if they come in for a swipe back pedal for a second and then stop moving or strafe sideways, when they get to close, hit them. Wait until you *know* you're going to hit them. If you miss you've given them the advantage and you will more than likely die. The secret is just knowing when you're close enough and not being shaken by somebody trying to confuse you by jumping maniacally. The pistol is easy killings since it is ridiculously accurate.

1 on 1 knife fights. Pull out your pistol. Serisouly. Only use the knife when sneaking up on someone or you are completely out of ammo.

On the knife note. Some friggin hacker was using that sniper knife thing the other night on a ranked server. How do I know. I am walking up to the dude. His name is up is read. He is probably 150ft (game feet) away from me. I am plugging him with saw. Then all of a sudden. Blam. Dead by knife from the dude. He did that to a few other people too. Admin didn't do squat but ban me for keep voting to kick him off. So were about 8 other people....

I'm pretty good with the knife, well pretty good with just about everything in BF2 :D. I've got my expert knife badge and have gotten enough kills a round a few tiems to have gotten my expert more than once, but that doesn't happen. It just takes a little practice, oepn your game and use the server browser to arrange servers by name and scroll down until you see Knife and Pistol Only servers, if you find a good one with an admin youd on't have to worry too much about tanks, nades, or automatics and just practice. As for pulling your pistol out when someone is trying to 1v1 knife you is pretty lame, but if youre out numbered thats a different story. Its pretty hard to explain how the knife works in BF2, the best way to find out is just to go and use it a few rounds, get some personal experience and you'll get the hang of it.

Best way to kill with the knife is when your opponent doesn't see you and is standing still. But, if you are 'knife fighting' someone, my best suggestion is to always keep moving. It seems to be much more difficult to kill someone while they are moving.

I love knife fighting with people on normal random servers. Most people who see me swinging at them with a knife will switch to theirs and we'll go at it. The problem seems to be when one of our teammates come upon us....pop, pop, pop...

Never let up ever, keep charging and swinging, make them move. Your best chance is in keeping them occupied on avoiding you rather than striking back.

MRip said:
I've been doing a bit of pistol and knife only servers and so far by knife may as well be made out of rubber.
Just a heads up, make sure those servers are UNRANKED servers, because they will sometimes wipe peoples scores who play on RANKED pistol and knife servers.

I really doubt this, at worst they will simply revoke the servers ranked privileges. The admins are not allowed to disallow anyone from using machine guns/tanks/whatever on a Knife & pistol but if participants willingly play without it is okay. Personally I think it is a bit lame that it is okay to cycle Strike at Karkand & Wake Island 50,000 ****ing times but it isn't okay to just play knife & pistol.

One more thing to remember (if you didn't know already), you can't swing the knife when you're in "sprint mode" (in other words, holding down the "shift" key.) So if you charge at someone, make sure to take your finger off the "shift" key just before hitting the attack button, otherwise you won't swing, and chances are your opponent will. . . I made that stupid mistake too many times.

Back