• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nagastani and other dungeons - Oblivion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zewt

I just began and I am having lots of fun. But I have some questions about the dungeons. Is there a deeper story to them? Maybe more than just clearing out everyone inside? Ex: I was in a dungeon near the beginning, on the road to cydril. I cleared out all the enemies till I got to a door that was locked. I could hear the enemy behind the door making noises and what not. I decided to rest. When I woke, there was someone else behind the door; I could hear him. I got the key from a sack left by a chest by the door. He turned out to be a marauder who had slain about three of the dungeon monsters. I tried to initiate conversation with him but I guess he got surprised and attacked me. After owning him, I went further into the room, discovering a holding cell that had a woman sleeping on the floor. I also tried to initiate conversation with her, but she seemed surprised also and started to attack. I was wondering if he was saving this woman and what if I just messed up an interesting story? I want to know how I should go about dungeons and getting the most story out of them. Thanks guys.

Zewt said:
I just began and I am having lots of fun. But I have some questions about the dungeons. Is there a deeper story to them? Maybe more than just clearing out everyone inside? Ex: I was in a dungeon near the beginning, on the road to cydril. I cleared out all the enemies till I got to a door that was locked. I could hear the enemy behind the door making noises and what not. I decided to rest. When I woke, there was someone else behind the door; I could hear him. I got the key from a sack left by a chest by the door. He turned out to be a marauder who had slain about three of the dungeon monsters. I tried to initiate conversation with him but I guess he got surprised and attacked me. After owning him, I went further into the room, discovering a holding cell that had a woman sleeping on the floor. I also tried to initiate conversation with her, but she seemed surprised also and started to attack. I was wondering if he was saving this woman and what if I just messed up an interesting story? I want to know how I should go about dungeons and getting the most story out of them. Thanks guys.

Nope, nothing too deep there. Its really a hack em up game.
Oh, be careful, its addictive.

Oh, believe you me, I am starting to feel the addiction brew inside of me. :)

So it's really just a hack em up when it comes to those little dungeons?

Dungeons yes. I choose to stay away from dungons, caves, and any thing that sends me into the ground. I just don't like going into those things for some reason :S. The mini quests on the side however are pretty fun long as you don't rush them.

The only thing enchanted I have ever gotten off bandits is a Warhammer that had frost damage to it. And also a Bow that had frost damage.

Flip-Mode said:
You find common enchanted items, not unique. You have the same chance to find that exact item on a bandit as you do finding it in a dungeon.

Did you ever find a Ring of Perfection on a bandit? Pretty nice ring, all attributes constant effect +10.

I'm still searching for the ring of chameleon. I heard its out there somewhere, just don't know where to look (I am searching for it around the anvil area)

lemings said:
I'm still searching for the ring of chameleon. I heard its out there somewhere, just don't know where to look (I am searching for it around the anvil area)

That ring is a random drop, so you could practicly find it anywhere.

Back