• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Pentium 2 Can't OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White_Pawn

I have an old pentium 2 and i want to oc it because its so slow. Any ideas how i could oc it? I've went into bios but its really simple and mostly only displays information. Do you think i can oc with software?

What are you running that feels slow? I mean, it is a P2, everything should feel slow. It would be like putting a (very small) turbo on a Smart car, still feel slow..

If you have the manuel to the motherboard there may be some jumpers you can switch around to change the clock speed.

Good luck with the OC. I have tried overclocking a few Pentium 2 processors back a few years ago and I didnt have any luck at it and I tried a few different mother boards.

You youngins' get spoiled with you BIOS overclocking, in my day we had to use "Jumpers" you know the thing you use to clear you bios and 3.3 volts to our RAM wasn't extreme voltage, it was the voltage. All yous get spoiled with your Opterons doing 50% overclocks out of the box.

Tebore said:
You youngins' get spoiled with you BIOS overclocking, in my day we had to use "Jumpers" you know the thing you use to clear you bios and 3.3 volts to our RAM wasn't extreme voltage, it was the voltage. All yous get spoiled with your Opterons doing 50% overclocks out of the box.

LOL......"in my day". At 19 you sound like an old fart. :)

I had an unlocked P-II 233 that I ran at 300 MHz at one time. It really depends on the motherboard. Lots of those old motherboards had no overclocking features.

cw823 said:
LOL......"in my day". At 19 you sound like an old fart. :)

My first computer was 11 years ago I started to get in to overclocking 8 years ago. Since this is about computers where 6 months is where the best goes out of date. I guess you can say I am an old fart at this. I'm much of an old fart when it comes to cars(strong believer in there's no replacement for displacement). I started to hang around and pick up info on cars before I knew what a Keyboard was. :p

lol. Yeah, i'm totally spoiled with this bios stuff. I didn't really get into ocing until my first "real" computer. Which is in my sig. LOL

most of the PII motherboards I had only had jumpers to set whether it 33, 66, or 100 Mhz fsb. and i guess my PII processors were locked at what FSB they could use. BUt i was over clocking back in the days of the 486sx 33 :D

Tebore said:

ahahha :)

Back