• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enermax Liberty power supply - problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beebadoo

Hi guys

About two months ago I bought an Enermax Liberty power supply (I believe it’s the 620 watt version)

Recently, I have noticed that sometimes the computer will not turn on, and I have managed to trace this problem to the power supply. Basically there seems to be either a bad contact between the power chord 'kettle style' connector and the power supply or something is shorting out within the power supply. I have noticed that when computer won't power up, if I wiggle the connector a little then I can hear and see sparks from within the power supply, an eventually the computer will start up.

If I knock it by accident (i.e. when plugging a USB connector into the back) it will sometime switch off…. :bang head

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Cheers

Andrew

I agree with deepscience. make use of your manf. warranty and get a replacement and until then don't even plug it in.

Back