• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP90C question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enzf1

I was wondering. Would a XP90C with a 55cfm fan beat my current Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 PRO?

Btw the freezer 7 has also aorud 50cfm thats why im comparing equivalent.

:welcome: to the forums!!!!!

I'd say yes. The XP90-C works well with lower cfm fans. If you plan to do any serious overclocking the 90-C is probably going to perform better.

Ok cool thanks. One more question. How does the xp90c compare to the aluminum version? Is it worth the price diff.? I see the C version for 45 bucks and the aluminum for 27 bucks. I am very happy with the Artic cooling but its height is 120mm, im getting a new Lian-Li V1200A Plus. And i dont want the heatsink blocking that rear fan. The xp90 is still gonna be much shorter with a 25mm thick fan.

Currently idling @ 28c load@45-46c with ambient room @ 27-28c.

I've have both and the difference at load is 2 degrees. The biggest advantage is the 90C cools much better at lower fan speeds.

Awesome thanks for all the feedback.

Now about the fans. I have just ordered this fan for my case but it turns out im getting a lian li v1200a plus so i wont need it. Do ya think itll do good with it?

And yes ill be running it in normal mode...
http://www.petrastechshop.com/92zazmsicafa.html

One more question, lol.

Are there any other low height heatsinks that you might suggest?? That will be pretty decent?

Last edited:
Thanks rseven

Sorry for asking so many questions but i wanna find the right thing for me. Im really worried about blocking that rear fan.
Ok How is this heatsink?
http://www.xoxide.com/scythe-samurai-z.html
ive heard good things about scythe and this one seems very low profile too. A bit more in my 15 yearold budget :) Will it outperform the XP90 aluminium version?

Back