• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Josheyy

Registered
I just assembled my own computer that i purchased from newegg and when i turn it on the motherboard light is on all the fans move and everything except nothing displays on the monitor please help!

Your first step is to calm down. Take a deep breath.

Now, make sure the ram and video card are properly seated. Do you hear any beeps when it trys to start? Are the pins for the reset button shorted. Is the floppy cable oriented correctly?

okay everything is seated and there are no beeps when the computer starts just that little noise the computer makes when its thinking. I dont have a floppy and when i push the reset button it resets the computer but still nothing on the monitor.

Start by unplugging all but the basics. No hdd's, etc. Only use 1 stick of ram. Make sure all power connecters are connected, on motherboard and video card. Clear the CMOS. Check your manual to see what fans need to be plugged in on the mobo (if any), make sure they are.

Okay, Ive completed that put still NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO change on the monitor

Try moving your ram into another DIMM.

Do you have any backup parts you can try? Even an old PCI video card can help determine if the video card is the problem.

i plugged an old pci card into the comp and when i attempted to turn it on again the fans went and everything but still no picture on the monitor please HELP!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No need to get worked up. We can find the problem. Do you have any other RAM? PSU? You're sure none of your connectors are backward or not full inserted? Take the CPU out and inspect for physical damage. I'm sure more people will add more ideas, this is the most helpful group of PC gurus I know.

Make sure the monitor is plugged in and turned on. Does anything show on the monitor at all? Have you tried to reset the cmos? How long are you waiting?

i can't reset the cmos because i can't even get anything to display on the screen. All the fans turn on and the mobo LED is lit up and everything even the graphic card fan is moving.

You reset the cmos using a jumper (usually near the battery) its always labeled, so just look. Make sure you unplug the comp and remove the cmos battery when resetting it (just to be sure)

Yeah, make sure that after you reset the cmos you return the jumper to the normal operation posistion

first thing to do, since you are not hearing any kind of beeping at all, is to make sure you have your pc speaker plugged in correctly. that way when you boot the computer, if it doesn't post, it will give you a beep code that you can then look up in your motherboard manual, it should tell you what the problem is.

also, i'm surprised noone has mentioned this, but when asking for help on your system, it is helpful if you post your complete systems specs. what kind of hardware are we talking about here??

I am sorry about this but unplug the computer then find a nice comfortable chair. Read the motherboard manual. When you are done reset the cmos and see if that helps. IF it does not come back and let us know.

Need to know:
CPU? Motherboard? Memory type? Power supply? Video card? at least to get started.
My vote goes for a dead (or maybe insufficient) power supply or a dead CPU (assuming he has his speaker connected right). Dead memory should at least give some kind of error beeping during post... so should a dead gfx card.

AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.9 GHz, ASUS A8N-E NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard, G.SKILL 2GB ddr 500 RAM, nVidia GeForce 7900 Gt, Western Digital 500 GB Drive, FPS 600W power supply, DUAL LOGISYS 30cm Cold Cathode Lights

Back