• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Physics processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

looky here

I may be late but I just came accross this on overclockers.co.uk i recently read a thread on these cards and I didnt expect to see preorders on this card so soon.

RIPSTER

Wait at least a year is my advice. There are games slated to support it but they still accomodate the standard fare anyway. The perfromance gain is gonna be minimal and 3dmarks won't see anything. Wait for it to come down in price before you waste your money. In the future it may be a different matter but I'm not gonna shell out £200 to get a slight fps increase in 1 game...

Physx by ageia said:
The Microsoft Xbox360 version is already getting 9.9-class reviews with a big chunk of physics being driven by AGEIA PhysX software.

I was thinkin of givin the card a try but i got ghost recon on the 360 and it looks good n all but i dont notice any diffrence in the physics from any other standard game. the videos look good but for £200?

It doesn't have a physx chip though. Its just the physics API that is used in the 360. I doubt the physics will looks much different for the first generations of physx titles but framerates will be improved. If physics addon cards become popular then you can expect some massive impressive displays of what it can really do.

Back