• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

s939 with agp + pciE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

hey i'm looking for a s939 mobo with agp & pciE slots

does sucha thing exist?

thanks alot

rseven said:
The ASRock SATA2 with the ULI1695 chipset is the only one of it's kind.

there are others. biostar makes the tforce4U with the nf4 ultra chipset and xgp (fake agp slot that does not run higher then 4x, nor does it support all agp cards). ecs also makes the k8t890 which also has the fake agp slot (different name but same thing). both are socket 939, i'm using the biostar and it's decent.

i think a much better option is to sell your current agp card, buy a better motherboard that doesn't have the fake agp slot and then buy a pci-e card. or the asrock is a good choice too. you can find a wealth of info about the asrock in the board's unofficial forum here.

Well fake AGP slots aren't exactly what most people are looking for. I agree that getting out of AGP is a better option. I would much rather be running an NF4 than the ASRock.

rseven said:
Well fake AGP slots aren't exactly what most people are looking for. I agree that getting out of AGP is a better option. I would much rather be running an NF4 than the ASRock.

yeah, i was lucky that my ti4200 worked with no issue in the tforce but alot of people buy this board thinking they can run a 6800, 9800, all-in-wonder, or x800 with it and then find the unpleasant surprise that it doesn't work or runs slower then on their older system.

i wish i had just bought a pci-e video card when i upgraded instead of waiting a few months, the dfi ultra-D was only $20 more at the time :bang head

Back