• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer speakers work as hometheather yes no?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyisc00l

I was looking in to getting the Creative GigaWorks S750 but i was wondering if I could run a DVD player to these speakers as well or any for that matter let me know thanks.

i remember the control box for that system does have an aux input, but its only 2channels. on the back of the sub, it gives u the choice of rca or 3.5mm. i guess you could connect the rcas to ur dvd player and the 3.5mm to your computer, but i'm not sure if it gives u the option of switching back and forth :-/ this is all i know from playing around with it at frys for 5min :)

I just picked up a new DVD player, and I have the audio running from the Optical out of the DVD player to my z-5500's, and it sounds absolutely marvelous. I can't say it sounds better or worse than a dedicated home audio system, but IMO, these speakers were the best 300 bucks I ever spent.
In short, yes they can be used for a home theater. Just make sure whatever speakers you get have like connectors with your DVD player (I.E. Coaxial or Optical)
-DarkAlexandr

I just got mine this weekend, took 3 hours for my downstairs neighbor to come up to complain about the volume.. Gah, it was 3PM! Cranky old woman.

the 5500's go for 235ish nowawadays. I think I got mine off of zip zoom fly. Heck of a lot cheaper than the 400 bucks best buy was charging!

Back