• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #22

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 22th in the series of T32 Spotlight!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or (better) you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

ihrsetrdr

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
I joined Team 32 in October '05 and began folding with a few of my machines...was kind of making a transition from my previous team, and struggling with guilt feelings of leaving. After a month I went back to folding exclusively for my previous team. Then in November after returning from Thanksgiving in Vermont I realized that the enthusiam and comradery of OC Forums was what I really enjoyed more.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
Yea, I zoomed past Macaholic last week, and he never even knew it!(of course if he wanted to, he could have quashed that in like 1 day).

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
I live in Phelan,Calif. which is a small rural town in the High Desert, about 60 miles East of Los Angeles.

How did you initially hear about F@H?
Gosh, I don't remember exactly but I'm sure I heard about folding on one of a couple forums I was hanging around...sometime in 2002 or early 2003.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
Well, I started with the graphical client and was intrigued with the idea that I could contribute my machine(s) to a constructive cause. Later on I co-founded a f@h team with another forum member, and the competition became a motivational factor as well.

What do you do for a living?
I work for the county as a maintenance mechanic, in a correctional facility. I do all facets of building maintenance and repair, with a specialty in locksmithing.

What do you do for fun?
I'm really going to sound dull I know, but I enjoy contemplating ways to upgrade my folding farm. I also like to download and "flirt" with various Linux distros...hoping someday to become Linux literate.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
I've had my camping and boating adventures when I was younger, now I like to spend as much time as possible at home with my wife. I love to BBQ...anything!

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
Right now I'd have to say that my main rig is a: Asus P5LD2
[email protected]
Scythe Ninja hsf
2048mb PQI ddr2
Highpoint 404 RAID controller
2x80gb W.D. @RAID1
1x80gb WD /WinXP Pro
This is my file server; I also use it for dabbling in Photoshop and just general daily use.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
I only have 2 borgs, but no longer have physical access to them; they're still out there folding, but I have no way to config them for T32. :(

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
At this stage in my life I'm really mostly interested in retirement, but that's still as much as ten years away. that's o.k. though; I like the idea of having some "earning potential" still ahead.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
Yes, I'd just like to thank everyone on the team for being THE best and giving their best for the team. I gotta thank walaka7 also, for inviting me to partake of the OC Forums and T32!

Thanks for "spot-lighting" me Gary! :) Yea, I have a couple pics to share; can email them to you tomorrow.
-Tim

p.s. I'm sorry Tim, I didn't get those pics yet..... but hopfully you'll post them yourself in here.

:beer: lets start with that !

Thanks for sharing even more than we have exchanged on the PM's :)

I dithered a lot myself before joining a team ... loyalties are very important but your heart has to tell you what is right in the end ... else we are no good to anyone.

Glad you made the same choice as me ... this is a great multi-dimensional team! :beer:

Fold on Tim :)

:beer: :beer:

(4 beers in 1 post :eek: ... well it is saturday and the sun has crossed the yardarm here :D)

Oric said:
Good to meet ya Ihrsetrdr.

It doesn't get much better then a hot day, a cold beer, and a BBQ! :cool:

Right on! :thup: esp now that spring is really(?) here in the north :)

Nice to meet you ihrsetrdr! :thup:

wtf0yk.gif

TollhouseFrank said:
great interview....

and why can't you reach those 2 borgs? Another state? Old Job?

Actually I may encounter those machines eventually; they belong to a co-worker that I did some work for; I asked him to fold for me in exchange for the labour. A couple months ago when I last ran into him, he wanted me to do something more for his computers, so perhaps I'll get to those config files yet!

;)

Gary said:
This is the 22th in the series of T32 Spotlight!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!!

Hey, this spotlight thing is fun from both ends of the deal; is there a spotlight nominations
thread? If so, there's a couple folks that need nomination!

:D

ihrsetrdr said:
Hey, this spotlight thing is fun from both ends of the deal; is there a spotlight nominations
thread? If so, there's a couple folks that need nomination!

:D
just PM me for any nomination you have in mind :cool:

Actually I adopted the hrsetrdr username because I'm always horse-trading something or another. It used to be pickup trucks, cars and boats...nowadays it's usually computer components on ebay. ;) The "I" in ihrsetrdr had to added because apparently some time in the past I setup a user account here but forgot the password and couldn't retrieve it because I couldn't remember what email addy was associated with it. Same thing happened on ebay. :rolleyes: I guess I should drink coffee instead of beer when doing these kinds of things! :eek:

Nice to meet you hrsetrdr! :)

hrsetrdr: Yes, I see the "handwriting-on-the-wall", as they say. In my situation the issues(ie: high-er electric bills) will necessitate the reduction of my production. My electric bill was $440 this billing period, and my wife never misses the oppertunity to comment on it.

Wives never seem to understand! :rolleyes:

I used to have some mining claims up in Kern County. Maybe you could horsetrade something for one of those wind generators or other solar thingies I saw up there and produce your own electricity. :D

Last edited:
It's great to meet you, Tim. Like you, I also love to BBQ too and down here in south LA it hardly ever gets cold enough to not be able to either. :beer:

Back