• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDCP, converting video, LCDs, "and you!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoudazo

Hey,

So I'm currently reading up on HDCP on the 'net and I was curious, couldn't one just convert an HDTV movie and then play it on a non-HDCP LCD if he/she was using Vista?

Oh, and this is funny :D

When you tell so many people that their electronics won't do what they should do—what they paid for them to do—many of them are not going to like it. The content industry is going to walk away from this with a certain amount of egg on their face and a fat stamp of "greed" burned into their foreheads. And a few will will realize the ultimate inanity of it all: that while the studio's HD content won't play on their TV or their computers, the HD content put out by the pirates will.
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060214-6177.html
:p

Last edited:
Yes, of course. All the drm stuff is for people who have absolutely no clue or who is not motivated enough. You don't have to know anything to use bit torrent.

Well, let's applaud all of the big-wigs and engineers at M$soft and their cohorts for once again making piracy a more viable option. :eek:

Spoudazo said:
Well, let's applaud all of the big-wigs and engineers at M$soft and their cohorts for once again making piracy a more viable option. :eek:
And exactly why are you placing blame on Microsoft for what the entertainment industry has forced through?

z0n3 said:
And exactly why are you placing blame on Microsoft for what the entertainment industry has forced through?

I like Microsoft, but all of these "features" in Vista are really annoying.

Seeing as how UT2007 won't be DX10, I think I'll just stick with Winxp for quite a while.

Back