• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me purchase a webhost package

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frodo Baggins

I am planning on purchasing a webhost package in the coming month. Primarily, I was intending to use it as a personal website for a blog (for friends). I looked at Start Logic and their package seemed very nice ($4.95 for everything I need and one domain registration), but I noticed that Host Excellence was offering a bit more for $7.99:

Website Features
- 25GB of Web Space
- Multi-Domain Hosting: 8 Domain Names
- 3 FREE DOMAIN REGISTRATIONS
- 8 dedicated IP Addresses, 300 Sub Domains
- 300 GB of monthly Data Transfer

Email & FTP Features
- 10,000 POP3 / IMAP Mailboxes
- 10,000 FTP User Accounts (Windows 1 only)
- 10,000 Aliases, Forwards & Responders

I just wanted to make sure, the "3 free domain registrations" is clear, but the multi-domain hosting option lets me host three indepdent sites? It might be useful for me to have a personal web site and a business web site, but I want them to be completely independent from each other.

Other than that, do you guys have any comments on this package?

Actually, I checked out http://www.webhostingjury.com/ and they have nothing but bad reviews for Host Excellence. On the other hand, I did find: http://www.u2-web.com/ and found a killer deal:

$39.99 a year for a lot of space, a lot of bandwidth, everything I need to set up a blog, a (free) domain registration for a year, and there is even a 15% discount for plans bought in April. This and the reviews state that this host has excellent service and reliability! I'm sold!

If you just need a blog use the hosting service offered by Wordpress which is also a fantastic blog application and then redirect your URL there to save money

Back