• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU Help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ikoda

Registered
Hi, i'm after a PSU for a pretty powerful system, as my current PSU just isnt cutting it. At the moment i have an Ebuyer Value 450w PSU, and now that i've gotten round to OCing my rig, i just dont have the juice to do anything else or add anything else to it.
I currently have a 7800gt which takes up about 350w, which i intend to do SLi with within the week (taking it to 450w), and an OCed AMD 64 3700+ (San D.) I'm not sure what to get, but the max i'll spend is about £80.
Any ideas? Preferably as quiet as possible, while giving out as much wattage as possible.

I wouldn't recommend the Fortron AX500-A for SLI.

In that price range, you should be able to fit the OCZ Powerstream 520w SLI in there. If you can't, the Sparkle FSP550PLG-SLI will work but it isn't as quiet as the OCZ. Silverstone ST56ZF but it's not too quiet from what I hear.

Where do you intend to buy from? All these recommendations are no good if you can't find them.

The Fortron Epsilon 600w is a great choice.

Either Overclockers.co.uk or aria.co.uk, or tekheads.com (i think) unless i happen to find a better website.

How noisy is the Fortron 600w out of intrest?

The Fortron shouldn't be too noisy. I had a Bluestorm 400w that wasn't very loud even when pushed.

I'd say go for the 600w.

:welcome: to the forums

Anyone had any experince with the Hiper Type R 580w? I'm also considering that currently. This a good PSU to consider, or one to be avoided? (If so, why?)
Thanks

Back