• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help - water cooling no-flow!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yiman

I moved house a week ago and reset my pc up today. Two random crashes and a system check reveal that the CPU is overheating....subsequently discovered that this is because my water cooling is not circulating - I have massive air bubbles in a couple of the pipes. No amount of jiggling and tapping has managed to get the flow going.

Can anyone offer any ideas other than completely dismantling and refilling it? I did have this problem when I first built the pc but it eventually kick started itself and flushed all the bubbles through. The system just seems to be locked - the air bubbles will flow to one end of the pipe (when I raise/lower the pipe) but no further!

sounds like the pump is iether dead or choked with air... have you tried shaking the pump to see if it has water?

Yes, I can feel the pump clicking slightly - I think it is choked with air as when I shake it, little bubbles rise up the pipes from it. How do I unchoke it is the question....

Back