• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adam's Ultimate Gamer Mouse - PICS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-aDaM^

Disabled
everyone always ask me which mouse I use to im going to post some pictures and details on it.

» Logitech MX-518 Body
» Logitech G5 PCB and Optical eye(2000dpi)
» Logitech MX-510 Wheel assembly

This mod took me about 3 days, lots of figuring out and took while to get the top plate looking good. I had to remove the Logitech Emblem, fill it up with bondo about 4 times, sanding and primer inbetween. Then spot+Glazeing compund. Final 1200grit sanding, then 3 coats of Metallic Blue.

Here's pics of mx-510/518 and G5 stock.
mx510small1ax.jpg

mx518small5sy.jpg

g57zm.png

Here's picture of my custom mouse which is all those ^ in one :)

adamsmouse003medium1zi.jpg

adamsmouse004medium0fa.jpg

-aDaM^ said:
everyone always ask me which mouse I use to im going to post some pictures and details on it.

» Logitech MX-518 Body
» Logitech G5 PCB and Optical eye(2000dpi)
» Logitech MX-510 Wheel assembly

This mod took me about 3 days, lots of figuring out and took while to get the top plate looking good. I had to remove the Logitech Emblem, fill it up with bondo about 4 times, sanding and primer inbetween. Then spot+Glazeing compund. Final 1200grit sanding, then 3 coats of Metallic Blue.

Here's pics of mx-510/518 and G5 stock.
mx510small1ax.jpg

mx518small5sy.jpg

g57zm.png

Here's picture of my custom mouse which is all those ^ in one :)

adamsmouse003medium1zi.jpg

adamsmouse004medium0fa.jpg

sorry no offense, it looks good and all but what makes it the ultimate gamer mouse?

Thats pretty sweet dude! The best of both worlds. The only reason I still use my 518 instead of a G5 is because of the extra thumb button. Good job!

DietPepsi0219 said:
sorry no offense, it looks good and all but what makes it the ultimate gamer mouse?

Well comfortable mx-510 rubber siding, G5's 2000dpi. I love it, I take my mouse over my razer copperhead anyday.

DietPepsi0219 said:

Adam took the better caracteristics of each popular logitech gaming mouses (mx510, 518 and g5) and put them together to get the better gaming mouse.

I have to say that this mouse looks awesome! How did you manage to dismantle mouses to make a custom mouse? I guess (and know) that you're better than me! :)

goodgod said:
Adam took the better caracteristics of each popular logitech gaming mouses (mx510, 518 and g5) and put them together to get the better gaming mouse.

I have to say that this mouse looks awesome! How did you manage to dismantle mouses to make a custom mouse? I guess (and know) that you're better than me! :)

Its pretty simple, what was tough though was to make the G5 PCB fit on the mx-518 bottom and the buttons off mx-510 and making the 510 wheel asembly fit onto the G5 PCB. I had to use lots of epoxy, it was well worth it.

wow thats pretty crazy dude. How much did it cost you all together? Do both the back and forward buttons work?

Thats a pretty nice job, how did you paint it? I have a led modded mx 510 myself and the red dosent go along with my setup. If there is a tutorial could you pm me it. Thanks

Looks pretty darn good. Now find a way to stick a g5 or 518 sensor in an intellimouse explorer 3.0 :)

Albaholic said:
wow thats pretty crazy dude. How much did it cost you all together? Do both the back and forward buttons work?

My Main question.... are all the buttons of the MX510/518 working on the G5 PCB?

hope logitech see's this and says "wow, why didnt we do this first?" lol

another very creative mod adam! cheers!

Back