• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lineage 2 download?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Where can I DL it? I tried last night and now this morning and I can't DL it from thier main site. I'm trying a torrent but it's going very slow

fileplanet.com

but keep in mind there is no trial. So you'll need an account to play it. Unless you play on private servers.

heh #18 you were the 18th viewer too hehe...anyway, I checked file planet and waited in line but it says connection failed when it's my turn to DL :(

Oh well, how much is the game per month? D2D will let ya download it for 20 bucks and give you one free month.

$15 per month if you pay online month by month. Cheaper if you pay 3 months or 6 months or 1 year at once. I remember it was first month free after I bought the game.

I got my second account from some site liek direct2drive or game2drive or something like that.
Just sign up there and its cheaper then in the store or on NCstupids site. and you should be able to download it.

btw what sort of gameplay are you hoping for? So we can help you pick a server that will fit you.

I want something where I can PvP when I want but also level and not worry about it also. I like the castle siege ideas so perhaps something kind of large. What are the differences?

Bartz is the first server and hence has the most people. There is also alot of drama and at the moment there are quite a few wars going on. Bartz has been first in accomplishing most things in L2 first, before the other servers.

Teon is the euro server with european friendly seige times.

Erica is rather empty from what i hear
Divianne is the unofficial role play server
Kain is the red headed stepchild that wants to be as good as Bartz but fails miseribley.
Lionnia (sp?) is a server controlled by 1 single alliance that seems to have a stranglehold on the server.

The ecomony of all the servers is screwed up. Farmers and bot parties are everywhere. NCStupid dosent listen to the NA playerbase. Necromancers are horribly overpowered. Everyone likes to complain about the nukers. The buying of game money is rampent. China farmers infest all the servers and most everyone hates them and fights them when they are encountered.

Never trade your weapons or armor to anyone! Double check every shop you intend to buy from so you dont get scammed.

All newbie towns are empty..
Dont be a dwarf
The game dosent really start till you hit 40 and on most servers the game really starts rolling when you get into a good clan/alliance and hit lvl 60.
Expect alot of **** talking.

I recomend the offical boards for help and general L2 info.
l2blah.com is good for player based forums and more of a feel for the servers and its people since its not censored by ncstupid. (this also makes it a rather unforgiving place for the newbie)

I suggest you go to blah and read the pvp and skills sections.. think long and hard before you decide on a class and race. What sort of player are you?

I hope you have the determination, patience and time it requires for a high lvl character cause thats when it gets really fun. But expect to devote HOURS to grinding for your lvls.

Last edited:
Is bartz good to even start at then?
Teon seems cool, I work odd times so if that's the only drawback then that seems like it's for me...don't want it empty, don't really care about RPing, kain...seems you don't have much good to say, 1 single alliance controlling is reason enough to never even log onto it.

What do you mean about never trade with anyone and double check shops?

I'm pretty sure I want to be a PR, like the bows and the little magic they have over just strait HE. Don't care to tank and I've heard PR's get into groups, are decent at PvP and can solo, so it seems well balanced. I'm not a fan of necro's just summoning crap and leaving it kill things...nuker or healer would be my only other options really.

I wouldn't recommend l2blah.com

The owner is a hacker who assisted one of the worst jerk clan ever Redknights or just RK(he was in it) hacked enemy clans' private forums and used the info they got stripped some players' game accounts. (they even admited it months later while denied the whole time until they think it is ok and they are pround of it. It was after they disbanded due to being attacked by 4 castle lords' forces every day for 4 months)

The whole l2blah thing got popular based on their hacking on the other popular fan site. Just ask the admin of l2orphus.com. That was the most popular fan site until he was hacked repeatly with l2blah mods posted on l2orphus "for stability go to l2blah" repeatly.

And the community on l2blah is dominated by the worst jerks from ex-rk and current top clan. They will shamelessly insult you for no reason at all(well they might think they have a reason) with posts as simple as "you are a -_-retard" "you are a -_- idiot" etc. with 20 of them keep repeatly it every time you post something which makes you a retard right? You have to admit the power of "media". They can easily make you look like a fool while they are the shameless irl losers themselves. There was even people helped by me when he started to play the game started to insult me too for no reason just because the "media influence"(sure he might think he has the right reason, because I am a "-_- retard" right?).

Use any fan site but l2blah. Trust me on that one.

Also the top clan of bartz atm has the biggest collection of jerks(include some ex-rk), along with clan jumpers who are hunger for power while have no honor.

L2 on Bartz now is just like, the top clan can do anything they please. They will p1ss you off on things such as trash talk you in game or on forum, or steal your leveling spot, or killing you for watching them raid. Or just pk you because they can. All the clan/alliance wars are caused by such events.

Yet the stronger clan surely will win, and the resault will be the weaker clan/alliance will have trouble for leaving town. Since the world size is limited, there are only limited places for each level range to level up, it's not hard at all to find enemies when they are leveling. Many people thus was "pked off server" if they are loyal, most others will just jump ship and quit the clan and join others, some dishonor ones will even join the enemies during a war.

As far as I concern, L2 suppose to be a game. I loved everyone aside the ones directly p1ssed me off. It's not hard to understand why I had a close feeling for everyone around even if they never talked to me before. You saw same person over and over for months or years... Yet many of these jerks aren't even on the same planet as the people like me. They take it as a chance to show how e-cool they are by do whatever they please to others both in game and on forum and even further.

Bartz does have the oldest players, highest average levels. Yet I see it as the worst community of all.

Offical forum does not allow any insulting which is the best advantage they got, but then again it is filled with mostly inexperienced new players who are below lvl 60 with a few expections. So it is filled with many false ideas how to play the game right, or how the game should be. There isn't any "politics"(who is at war with who, why are they fighting, who is winning etc.) on offical site either. You won't learn any of the server "politics" unless you read the fan sites. So in worst case, read the evil fan sites without posting anything.

Just take a quick look at this thread, the one started it is the owner(the hacker)
http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7487

Last edited:
Lusankya said:
The ecomony of all the servers is screwed up. Farmers and bot parties are everywhere.

I was reading about this the other day on another site. They said the same thing, the economy is real bad and farming bots will kill you on spot just to keep you from getting any drops.

I was going to download the game myself, looked interesting until I read about all that.

Edit...spelling

Last edited:
Economy is horrible due to the lazy players who buy ingame currency with irl money. They willing to play much more for the same items than regular honest players.

Farmer bots do take some spots, but not as horrible as you read. There are enough spots to level without being near bots. Only a few bots will kill you if you hit them first. Bots autopick everything near them, so of course they will try to pick your drops if you level near them. Then again there is a 10~15 sec.(I forgot) time before anyone can pick up your drop.

Well that was for "regular" farming bots.

The worst part is raid farmers. They are in the game for one purpose only - kill all raid bosses and sell the drops for gold then sell the gold for irl money. They are more organized than any other farmers. They will try to heal the boss if someone else is fighting it. If you hit them, they'll kill you on the spot. Include the top (very evil jerks) clan of Bartz now were owned by raid farmers once at a raid.

You don't level on raid boss, nor can do raid without 2~3 perfect structured parties of 20+ players with specific raid classes.(stupid NCsoft made raid is all about nukers, fighters will hit boss for 20 damage while nukers do 300)

Last edited:
#18 said:
Economy is horrible due to the lazy players who buy ingame currency with irl money. They willing to play much more for the same items than regular honest players.

Farmer bots do take some spots, but not as horrible as you read. There are enough spots to level without being near bots. Only a few bots will kill you if you hit them first. Bots autopick everything near them, so of course they will try to pick your drops if you level near them. Then again there is a 10~15 sec.(I forgot) time before anyone can pick up your drop.

Well that was for "regular" farming bots.

The worst part is raid farmers. They are in the game for one purpose only - kill all raid bosses and sell the drops for gold then sell the gold for irl money. They are more organized than any other farmers. They will try to heal the boss if someone else is fighting it. If you hit them, they'll kill you on the spot. Include the top (very evil jerks) clan of Bartz now were owned by raid farmers once at a raid.

You don't level on raid boss, nor can do raid without 2~3 perfect structured parties of 20+ players with specific raid classes.(stupid NCsoft made raid is all about nukers, fighters will hit boss for 20 damage while nukers do 300)

I've never played the game, but a lot of what you stated I read on another site. It amazes me how crappy game companies have become, a simple fix, yet they ignore the problems and let things like this happen. Now I'm glad I read up on it some more before I bought it, no way in hell I would pay to play a game like this now.

The farmers dont kill you on the spot.. you gotta attack them first in most cases.

And please dont take what #18 says for truth about Bartz and L2blah/guru.. He's just butthurt cause everyone on the server dispises his clan and hates him cause of his holier then thou attitude. Seriously 90% of the server hates him.. the other 10% are too noob to know about him.

Jazia if it was simpley a game as you state.. you wouldnt get so bent out of shape from it. I mean.. its a game but as you like to say "they are criminals irl and should be put in jail" Oh Noes!! As for the top alliances being able to take your spots and kill you with impunity.. well thats cause they have the power to back it up. Its a PvP game.. we fight each other for hunting spots and mobs.. thats the way its setup and thats the waty it works.. If you want a spot.. kill to defend it.. if you can't.. then you get to go back to town. Its survival of the fittest. if you cant hold your own to keep your lvling spot... time to find a new spot.

While the botting is rampant.. In most cases.. ppl dont notice them anymore. I've never really had any issues with the farmers myself.. Some of them are even nice and help some players. They will be an issue but not that much of one honestly.. My alliance just kills them when we need to.

lol, first you were the one that who I helped big time when you started to play L2.

Then after some RK insulted me, you followed(well not quite, but rather months later the first thing you replied to my PM ingame was "what the -_- ever" then a bunch of crap and then followed by the reason that RK stated after I asked you why are you so rude to me). Very e-cool of you for sticky with the "majority".

Second, go ahead ask Yjufo who obivously "hate" my clan, and who is in Uprising(top clan on bartz atm), ask him if their forum wasn't hacked by RK back in Dominus/Evolution war 1 year ago. Certainly he has no reason help me proof my "lie" right??

I don't have the time right now, going to class in 10 min. I will post direct links of what those RK said themselves when I get back.

And you, you have completely lost my respect as how rude you can treat who helped you big time due to the simple reason that someone else(RK) insulted me.

Just wait 2 hours, I will post every single links to show the proof that how wrong you are(i think you are pretending, because obiviously you have read everything yourself)

Other then a few tips on the beginning game.. you didnt really do all that much except come off like you were the L2 god that knew all and everything you said was law..

My stance has nothing to do with RK or even uprising.. I can form my own opinions about you and your attitude w/o needing others to do it for me. You're many posts on other forums showed me the type of person you were as did our conversations. Its simple.. you have an attitude that I dislke. Thats why I stopped talking to you so long ago. You reminded me exactly of an ex-friend that I stopped hanging out with for the same reasons.

I dont care about your links, your whines about what RK did or how they treated you. I dont mind that I lost your "respect" as you lost mine quite along time ago of your own doing/accord.

The point is.. let them decide for themselves w/o you adding your point of view on the game and your issues with the population. They can go to the official forums or they can go to l2guru.com, read and decide for themselves without needing you to bias them with your pov.

Just stick to the gameplay and leave the drama out of it.

Last edited:
The best way to determine how the game plays is to watch the videos that are made of pvp and seiges. They are a good showing of how the game works in its primary pvp aspect

Lusankya said:
Other then a few tips on the beginning game.. you didnt really do all that much except come off like you were the L2 god that knew all and everything you said was law..

My stance has nothing to do with RK or even uprising.. I can form my own opinions about you and your attitude w/o needing others to do it for me. You're many posts on other forums showed me the type of person you were as did our conversations. Its simple.. you have an attitude that I dislke. Thats why I stopped talking to you so long ago. You reminded me exactly of an ex-friend that I stopped hanging out with for the same reasons.

I dont care about your links, your whines about what RK did or how they treated you. I dont mind that I lost your "respect" as you lost mine quite along time ago of your own doing/accord.

The point is.. let them decide for themselves w/o you adding your point of view on the game and your issues with the population. They can go to the official forums or they can go to l2guru.com, read and decide for themselves without needing you to bias them with your pov.

Just stick to the gameplay and leave the drama out of it.

No, there is a fine line between arguement and bull****.

What is a fan forum for in the first place? People can argue about how to play the game, how to set up their characters(what weapon, armor, tattoo to use etc.).

There is nothing wrong with stating a different opinion.

When I stated my opinion on my OWN setup, you can disagree with your arguement why you think it's not a good setup. And I can still argue why your thoughts is incorrect in my opinion. At this point, nobody is wrong but simply each has their own opinions.

Yet as for RK jerks, they don't argue.
You can say something "I think majestic leather armor and dra bow with focus SA is the best choice for silver ranger", they'd simply reply "you are a -_- retard", "you are a -_- idiot", "you are dumber than you look", "-_- off", etc.
That was exactly what happened.

20 of them kept posting crap and call you all kinds of crap, then it does make you look like everyone hates you.

People with a little bit clear eyes know that who hated me are limited among ex-rk, and current Uprising and Dynasty. ex-rk mostly joined Dynasty and Uprising, which is why...

Plus a few "easily influenced" people like yourself.

You were holding the fact I called RK "criminals" as an insult, yet you SAW TC posted Bowtress' love letter on L2blah, which he got through hacking our private clan forum and read our entire database. You know mizzike(now zoj) original account was banned by NCSoft for stripped freaky's account completely and delvled him by 11 levels. You know the fact, Uprising before reform was Vin and was 1/3 of the Evolution alliance, Vin's old leader gsebi was stipped completely and lost 400 million(his own stuff and clan storage), because his account information was lost to RK through RK's hacking on his forum.

YOU HAVE EYES. YOu saw all those things going on, RK admited everything after they were disbanded yet they remain as "the winner" because people like you stand by their side.

There is nothing more to say to you. This shouldn't be the place to argue such matter, since you try to encourage people go to L2blah.com which is owned by billy who provided technical assistance to all the hacking that RK did, who also made his forum popular through broke down L2orphus.com for 3 weeks repeatly. I will let people here know it is a bad place to go.

I am off to finding the necessary posts. They don't have a search function, which will take a while.

Lusankya said:

If anyone has an "attitude" it is YOU. This thread was fine until YOU come in here bashing someone. If you have nothing good to say don't post, otherwise I would suggest taking it to PM before a mod solves the problem for you.

Back on topic, even if the bots are not as bad as some say, the economy is definitely bad, after reading various sites it's a known issue that has caused a lot of people to quit playing the game. I'm glad I didn't get started, but I wanted to give it a shot so bad, the game looks amazing and fun, but if I have to resort to buying funds online just to buy a in-game item I know it's to much for me.

Back