• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A8N32-SLI stability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gxp88

Registered
Hi, I'm just looking for a most stable board that I don't have to worry about crash or malfunction every once in a while, I don't care about performance or o/cing. Would Asus be the most stable and reliable one out of the bunch? I have Asus in my system for several years and they have been very reliable and I'm looking to get an upgrade from them. Just looking for any recommendations here, and if Asus is reliable, and only slightly lesser performance than the fast DFI for example. How far are they in performance anyway? Thanks for any input.

it's acceptable... especially for a mild overclock or at default. just take your time to learn about settings for this board and make sure the chipset is cooled properly.
a heavy overclock is possible, again, take your time. there's less options than on dfi boards but still more than you can shake a stick at. can't tell you about clock per clock performance spread between it and dfi's but i doubt boards with the same chipset would be too far apart. i think with dfi you could clock ram farther but there's no need for that if you don't get one of the higher performing memory. a divider works just as well with no performance hit.

I would recomend this board as stable.
I had never OCed before buying my current setup and it never had a hiccup at stock speeds. Now that I have my Opteron 175 running at 2.69Ghz (245*11) it is still stable.
I figure that if a noob like me can get it to work well than you can to.

Back