• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opteron 165 $275 shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

I can't beleive nobody has posted this. Monarch has an OEM 165 for $337.67 - $67 coupon 41106-120339 + shipping.

BTW, credit for this goes to rQQt. I found it posted in a thread of his, I'm just spreading the word.

Sweet, just bought the 146 for $148.90 shipped!

Was about to buy it for $226 shipped on Newegg this morning, thanks guys.

cool, my buddy needs a proc. probably end up getting the 165 or 146 if he already blew his paycheck lolz

damarble said:
I can't beleive nobody has posted this. Monarch has an OEM 165 for $337.67 - $67 coupon 41106-120339 + shipping.

BTW, credit for this goes to rQQt. I found it posted in a thread of his, I'm just spreading the word.

Thanks for this SMOKIN' HOT deal. It cost me $276.75 for an Opteron 165 with 3-day FedEx shipping. Too bad it's only for the OEM chips,but a 3-year warranty is only $15 more. I didn't get it because I'd void it as soon as I got my hands on the chip, but still - the retail is actually cheaper before the coupon, but the coupon is for OEM only. I tried using it for the retail Opty 165, you can believe that :shrug: Oh well, still a great deal. I have a feeling Monarch is going to go through a LOT of Opteron 165s, 146s, and 148s. I see these chips sell for more than this used on other forums, so I jumped on this deal as soon as I saw it. The 146 is also HOT, but I had to go dual-core. It looks like Monarch is offering the biggest discounts on their highest and lowest ends, on both single and dual cores. The 170 only has a $35 coupon, and you don't see anything over $50 off until you get to the 180, which has a $75 coupon, and the 185, which has a $132 coupon (The CPU is over a thousand dollars, though :bang head )

So it looks like the low end chips are the best deal (no surprise there) given the fact that they have the highest percentage discount, and these chips are legendary overclockers, even more so than the Mobile Athlon XP's. Supposedly most of these chips can do 2.8 at or barely above stock voltage, which is a 1 GHz overclock, or a 56% overclock. Which brings me to the big question:
Should I get a new heatsink for this baby, something like a Scythe Ninja? I have an XP-90 with a 60-something CFM Delta 92mm fan turned way down, so it's not so loud. Will the XP-90 be sufficient, or should I go with a Ninja? Liquid cooling is pretty much out of the question at this point, unless I can find a GOOD cheap kit. Any suggestions?

I'am using a xp-90c and if works great.

Great deal on the 146.

question:
Should I get a new heatsink for this baby, something like a Scythe Ninja? I have an XP-90 with a 60-something CFM Delta 92mm fan turned way down, so it's not so loud. Will the XP-90 be sufficient, or should I go with a Ninja? Liquid cooling is pretty much out of the question at this point, unless I can find a GOOD cheap kit. Any suggestions?

A XP-90 is good enough but XP-90c or tuniq tower would be better but just use your XP-90 its fine, besides many people use the opteron retail boxed Heatsink w/ heatpipes to overclock to 2.6 which you can get on ebay for a cheap price. Your XP-90 can handel it and its better than the opty stock HS (i think), just keep an eye on tempatures to make sure :p

btw thanks for the deal im planning to get one too but not enough money right now :bang head and sell my 3200+ :cry:

Crap, one time I can get slack on shipping to Israel I'm over budget already.....
Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and see if some 165's go on the classifieds when AM2 comes.....

ya, im hoping with the release of am2 they will fall down to that price range. i feel such an idiot for paying 200 bucks for a 144 during last winters Optergone fiasco. :eek: OMG PWND

They made it sound like they werent going to produce these anymore. now i know better :D

the coupon code blank isnt available until after you enter all your information in checkout

Back