• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OSX x86 - Mac on PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theblt

I haven't seen many topics about this subject, but it is a reality. In fact, I'm running OSX 10.4.6 as I'm typing this. This is really a dream come true for me. I'm currently going to the Illinois Institute of Art - Chicago majoring in Interactive Media Design. In my opinion, as well as many others, OSX is just the best operating system for design. I've been really impressed by it's sheer security and beautiful looks.

Don't take my word for it though. Check out the OSx86 Project Forum for more information.

I'll admit, it was a pain during the initial installation. Video drivers were a pain to compile and configure, SATA on VIA boards is just now supported as of a few days ago I believe. But once running, it's awesome. What's also awesome is the fact that you can Dual Boot and have a WinXP/Mac machine when configured correctly. It's worth a look at.

Back