• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another reason Ad-Aware SUX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, they're making an useless FREE application? It doesn't detect spyware at all? But, I know that for someone to pick that out in the code, they have a freeware app in the works that's going to trump Ad-Aware. Looking forward to seeing you release it.

Well, considering that it's best to use more than one anti-spyware program as one usually can't find them all, I'm not really so annoyed, especially as I use Spybot and Spyware Blaster more.
However, I'm also definitely interested in seeing how Ad-Aware matches up now. It was a very good product in the past and I would be disappointed if it declined in quality.

That report however makes no refrence as to how effective the application is at removing spyware all that it appears to have confimed is that its poorly written and can be exploited or attacked, which is hardly new information is it.

it gives you a false sense of safeness. There can be done numerous attacks against this software.

Quite why anybody would want to exploit or attack an application such as this considering that it is probably just as easy to exploit the Operating System that this application is used to remove spyware from, is beyond me.
this is without assuming that someone with enough knowledge to install and update an application such as this probably has enough knowledge to install a firewall anyway.

Back