• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

svideo vs composite resolution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackrabbix

Registered
I just got a nice 61" Sony TV (projection I think, crazy-heavy). Can anyone think of a reason that when using a svideo cable, I get 1024x768 resolution, but only like 600x400 when I'm using my component ( Y Pr Pb )? The text is really sharp-looking when I"m using the component cables, but the resolution is just too small. Any help would be appreciated, and I can find out serial #s of my tv if I need too, but it's so heavy, I'm not going to move it unless I have to ^_=

Running an Aopen XCCube socket 939 w 1g dual-channeled, 2x sata HD, and x800 GTO ultimate video.

Cheers,
-Rabs

It might jsut be a hardware limitation, try to uncheck the box hide resolutions this monitor cannot display, and then try to force a higher resolution?

Remember this question and go vote for the HTPC section.

Each TV is different and has it's idiosyncracies, but I can tell you need to go visit one of the HTPC forums and read up on setting up your display, for there again, each video card is different. nVidia has excellent HiDef res's built in and allows the ability to overscan, resample and set up a picture perfect resolution. ATI is not so user friendly and I'm not expereinced with the ATi cards. Go to this link and read up on setting up the display and if you have any questions, come back and I'll try to help.
Good luck and keep trying, once you get it dialed in you'll love it!.

Thanks for the link - I ended up moving the huge tv, and found that it's a sony kp53xbr200.

I'm investigating that link you posted right now - many thanks!

Did I post this in the wrong forum, btw?

cheers,
-Rabs

No, that was a poke at the admins as we've been having a discussion as to the formation of a HTPC thread and I couldn't resist a dig. Let me know if I can help further.

Back