• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What powersupply is going to be needed for the next year or two?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoudazo

Well, I have a nice Antec case, but my Athena PSU just has 4 normally aligned holes, so it doesn't match up. When I was assembling this PC a few days before Christmas, I was like NO WAY am I going to let a PSU stop me from playing my games during Christmas with my relatives (this was before I found out Circuit City sales Antec PSUs :bang head ) so I used a little peg board hanger, some zipties, and some more zipties, to secure it to the case :clap:

It has been working like a charm for almost 4 months now.

However, I do want to get a PSU that is more "well known" among the overclocking crowd. I haven't really done much overclocking, just done the video card with Coolbits.

Now the question is, if I do buy another PSU, which one should I go for? I saw a 700watt PSU from (I think) OCZ on newegg for about $190.

Also, if I do replace the PSU soon, I'm going to get another case as well, as mine is a little too small for my liking.

So, what PSU would you advise me to get? I currently have a 550 watt PSU with connectors for SLI, but will this be enough for a while, even if I have a SLI setup and 3 HDDs? :shrug:

I have a 350 Watt Antec Fanless PSU with SLI connectors. It says: ATX12V v2.0 compliant compatible with current and newest generation of motherboards.

I see there is ATX12V v2.2 will this PSU work on that ATX standard? And what is ATX by the way?

nicoliani said:
I have a 350 Watt Antec Fanless PSU with SLI connectors. It says: ATX12V v2.0 compliant compatible with current and newest generation of motherboards.

I see there is ATX12V v2.2 will this PSU work on that ATX standard? And what is ATX by the way?

ATX is the standard motherboard format. There is BTX (which has its pros) but no one really uses it.

Back