• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant re-install windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alexandria

Registered
Hi.. im having some problems with my pc... i tried to re-install windows on it. At first it was going fine, the files were copying during the setup and stuff. So i went upstairs to make some tea, and when i came down there was just a blue screen saying "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer..." then it says something about restarting the computer and checking for viruses, etc.. but this screen comes up everytime i boot, so i cant even log into windows.... what am i supposed to do? x.X;;

i would run memtest to check for errors or temporarily swap your memory, i had a same problem with faulty memory causing bsod during os install

Does it give you an error code or anything? Should be aroung 3/4 of the way down the screen.
Have you tried redoing the reinstallation?

Back