• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ X-Stream 600W

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

No no, they look to be Sparkle/Fortron based, as opposed to the lower quality Topower P4 design used by the Modstreams. Much like the Fortron Epsilon

nice can't wait to see the reviews, if it looks better than my 600W I might pick one up, just because its got the 120mm fan and not two 80s

Available for order on Monarch. Ships in 2-3 business days. I ordered a 700W GXS ~166shipped. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Know Nuttin said:
No no, they look to be Sparkle/Fortron based, as opposed to the lower quality Topower P4 design used by the Modstreams. Much like the Fortron Epsilon
It looks like Forton Epsion, If so you might want to skip every part that says it is quiet.

Nothing to spill... they're up at NCIX for pre-order at $5 cheaper than the Epsilons.

It is skewed up at ZipZoomFly also. People mention the Epsilon, is it that noisy?
Do they use the same OEM as the other, so it might be the same unit? I am interested in this new model, but don't need any more noise than I have now.

I'm interested in ordering one myself, but if it is based around a "Noisy PSU" blah.

*Edit* Well I ordered the 600W version for $139 shipped, hopefully turns out to be good/working since I need a new PSU to replace this bad one.

Last edited:
Phoned to OCZ office @ Toronto today, they are still waiting for the shipment to arrive. My friend who works at one of the retailer told me it would be sometime next week before they get the first shipment.

There is stock on this at ZipZoomFly.com.

Does OCZ generally make a good PS?

I am thinking about buying this, and have many good reviews of other OCZ power supplies.

More powerful at 12v, more efficient, and quieter; but not independantly regulated like the PC P&C.

I purchased one of the OCZ X-Stream power supplies. I got it today and installed it tonight. I can not hear it at all. Plenty of cables for everything. All of the cables are wrapped.

Back