Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Display and Sound Technology > Sound Systems & Audio Devices
Sound Systems & Audio Devices Including sound cards, speakers and other audio devices.
Forum Jump

Attention X-Fi Xtreme Music owners!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-19-06, 05:58 PM Thread Starter   #1
mdameron

Attention X-Fi Xtreme Music owners!!!

I'm not sure how long this has been out, but it can't be too long.

Creative now allows you to buy the front panel that comes with the Platinum and up x-fi's. You can buy it here:

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...9&nav=features

All I can say is FINALLY!!!

I bought mine pretty quickly after they came out, only to find out a few months ago that a front panel thing would be REALLY handy. Also found that a front panel is near impossible to find and couldn't be purchased alone (at the time). Well now they do! (wonder if all my bitchy emails helped expedite anything )

$79 bucks... cheaper to buy the platinum outright, but if you already have the XM, might as well.

Old 04-19-06, 06:10 PM   #2
Sucka

So what exactly does this add? (Yes i know i can go and research it, but meh)

Heatware
Sucka is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-19-06, 06:12 PM Thread Starter   #3
mdameron

Basically that front panel that comes with the platinum is all it is...

basically you can hook things up easier, not to mention have real digital stuff.

Headsets and cans are really easy to hook up now. i'll buy one later this summer. I was stoked when i saw this last night.

Old 04-20-06, 01:07 AM   #4
Mr. Roboto

hmm, cool. I love having all the jacks on my platnium, i'm sure you will too.

Main Rig: e8400 l ASUS P5K Deluxe l G.Skill 4GB HZ's l GTX 280 l 2x320gb 7200.10 Raid 0 l X-FI Platinum l CM Stacker 830 l OCZ 700W GameXtreme l Logitech z-5500's l G5 l Saitek Eclipse II l 2 x 2407 WFP
HTPC:P4 2.8 l 1.5GB ram l 7600GS l HVR-1600 l 400gb raid 0 l Audigy 1 l Coolermaster 280 l 37" Olevia
Mr. Roboto is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-20-06, 06:59 AM   #5
GearShift3r

Sorry to go off topic, but is there a way to hook up the Xtreme Music to optical out within the case? I know the I/O panel has it but it's outside the case.

Thanks!
-GearShift3r
GearShift3r is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-21-06, 11:35 PM   #6
seer33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearShift3r
Sorry to go off topic, but is there a way to hook up the Xtreme Music to optical out within the case? I know the I/O panel has it but it's outside the case.

Thanks!
-GearShift3r

No.

Yes and I would reccomend this to all xtrememusic owners..the front bay makes everything and the world better. I went from xtrememusic to a xfi platinum just to get it and do not regret it

Old 05-03-06, 12:19 PM   #7
whitebloodcell

Quote:
Originally Posted by seer33
No.

Yes and I would reccomend this to all xtrememusic owners..the front bay makes everything and the world better. I went from xtrememusic to a xfi platinum just to get it and do not regret it
Just debating getting the Extreme Music or Platinum, is it not possible to hook the soundcard up to ports you already have the the front of your case? eg. I have a lineout (green, thought it was a headphone port but the speakers keep playing even when headphones are plugged in) and Mic (Pink) port on the front panel of my Stacker. These are the only ports I can see myself using on the front, so what else is the benefit of the front panel? Would you say the remote is worth ponying up the cash for?

"You better watch who your calling a child louis, because if I'm a child you know what that makes you? A Paedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and be lectured by a pervert !" - Peter Griffin
whitebloodcell is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-03-06, 04:53 PM   #8
Prodigious

Digital connections are the biggest thing. Both in and out. Makes life so much easier.

Also, the various inputs are useful for a person like me who has a few musical instruments I like to have connnected to my PC.
Prodigious is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Display and Sound Technology > Sound Systems & Audio Devices
Sound Systems & Audio Devices Including sound cards, speakers and other audio devices.