• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conroe Boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firstdegreeab

I know i'm in the asus intel mb thread, but i'm wondering who makes the best boards for intel cpu's. I'm mostly familiar with boards for AMD processors. I know that asus and dfi are the two most commonly used for OC'ing amd's, dfi's problably being the more used by the higher end oc'ers. I'm looking into intel boards since the conroe is comming out and am only seeing asus boards used on this forum for intel cpu's. Is dfi not good for intel's. Is there a release date for the conroe's>
thanks

q2 of 06, no more specific than that. Asus is the overclockers board of choice. DFI does have a conroe board I believe, but its of course not out yet. You must wait and see

some reports are that intel is going to release conroe in june and some say it's in sept. all we can do is wait...

Thanks dicecca112, I can't wait to see their real world performance.... As i'm sure everyone else on this forum can't wait. What will be the board to get, for the 1st conroes. My dad works for intel, and gets deals on cpu's, but they normally can only get deals on the mid and low range stuff. So i'm not sure if he'll be able to get a conroe till q3 or q4. And just to tell you he has no clue about release dates, hell he doen't even really care about computers. He's still got a p4 533 2.4Ghz.

Then if it's june that will suck for me. I would have to start saving now. Instead of paying off my credit cards Lol.

So what yall are saying is that I could buy a 975X chipset motherboard along with a Presler or something, then when Conroe comes out I can use that same board ? Thats sweet. Im selling my 939 right now :p

WaTTz said:
So what yall are saying is that I could buy a 975X chipset motherboard along with a Presler or something, then when Conroe comes out I can use that same board ? Thats sweet. Im selling my 939 right now :p
Wait right there! Don't buy any new parts until conroe is out. Current 975X boards (wel except for maybe 3) will not be able to use Conroe. The new 975X rev 2 boards will however. If you must "upgrade" to an Intel rig ASAP wait until Conroe and its equivelent chipsets are released or wait for 975X rev 2 boards that will be able to use Conroe. IMO it would be bad move to get a Presler if you already have an Opteron.

The Intel BadAxe new revision board is the only one I know of that will support Conroe (rev. 304 IIRC, not 302). They are just shipping now. Short of that Q2 ("any time now") for the Conroe boards and Q3 for Conroe itself. Like zone said, don't buy anything yet. The Intel board isn't necessarily good for OCing and AFAIK, no other company has any 975 conversions out yet that will support Conroe. I know Intel and Gigabyte will also have 965 boards shortly (in addition to the Asus 965 thread), but I don't know what they plan to do for a 975 Conroe board yet :shrug:

Ross said:
The Intel BadAxe new revision board is the only one I know of that will support Conroe (rev. 304 IIRC, not 302). They are just shipping now. Short of that Q2 ("any time now") for the Conroe boards and Q3 for Conroe itself. Like zone said, don't buy anything yet. The Intel board isn't necessarily good for OCing and AFAIK, no other company has any 975 conversions out yet that will support Conroe. I know Intel and Gigabyte will also have 965 boards shortly (in addition to the Asus 965 thread), but I don't know what they plan to do for a 975 Conroe board yet :shrug:
there was a memeber over at xs that said he could make anyone a custom bios for different "bad axe rev's304" since the new rev supports the faster 1333fsb. its reported by a member that is getting the boards thru an intel channle that they will need a bios update when conroe is released rev304 and later boards. cant rememeber the thread but ill search for it.

That would be Sneaky's thread about preordering rev.304 BadAxe's and FreeCableGuy saying he would make custom bio's for people running the new rev.304 boards.
It's in the Intel section at XS..

Back