• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvedia will not support SLI on Intel's boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NV never supported SLI with Intel chipsets (though there was a hack to get it to work on the i975X chipset anyway, it just wasnt supported by NV) I honestly think it has more to do with the fact its no NV's chipset so less $$ for NV = NO SLI (so NV says) FOR YOU!!! :rolleyes:

This ones a HAHA to.. (I think NV is just trying to get under FUGGER's skin or something.. lol)

Edit: there is a hack for the i955X as well. :D

Last edited:
Do u have any link to any modded drivers or any add on that will enable sli on 975?
And I don't mean the asrock patch that can't work with latest forceware and 975.
A friend of mine has 2 7900gtx and a p5wd2-e premium and a p5n32sli but he wants desperately to work on his 975.... he tried the patch and it didn't work...

I think it has to do with Intel's sucking at gaming atm they just cannot compete with AMD right now. :p

Special7 said:
I think it has to do with Intel's sucking at gaming atm they just cannot compete with AMD right now. :p

:p Uhhh.. or NV just wants more $$$$ to sell crappy chipsets for intel platforms ;)

And whats AMD got that will woop up on a pressler pushing 6Ghz in gaming???? :shrug: (I dont see it :p )

greenmaji said:
:p Uhhh.. or NV just wants more $$$$ to sell crappy chipsets for intel platforms ;)

And whats AMD got that will woop up on a pressler pushing 6Ghz in gaming???? :shrug: (I dont see it :p )

or intel dosn't want to help out chipset manufacturers so they can keep people from overclocking their processers farther, it's tit-for-tat

but it's less effecient at it compared to ati's chipset..

same with the patches to run sli on the intel chipsets

this is the problem, intel dosn't help nvidia, nvidia dosn't help intel, ati on the other hand, could care less it seems

Special7 said:
I think it has to do with Intel's sucking at gaming atm they just cannot compete with AMD right now.

7, you should stop posting purposely arguementative statements. Intel's don't 'suck' at games, but have been behind the last couple years. 'AMD's don't 'suck' at video encoding, but they haven't traditionally held the crown.

Both companies are preparing big tech steps, and Intel's next offering is looking killer. It looks like it will be another step in the process that ALL competing companies go through. One gets a step up, the other eventually catches up, etc. etc.

Understanding the nature of capitalism and technological innovation would prevent you from making such sweepingly incorrect comments at saying a multi-billion dollar product 'sucks'.

dethzero said:
What about ATi's crossfire?

ati hasnt quite figured out to get a good chipset yet, they seem to be kinda dumb to it still...they'll figure it out some time

Ya ati is behind in the chipset world but even with a crappy chipset crossfire is still better than sli.

And your asking whats better for games than a 6gig pressler? How about a 3.8gig amd?

BAA!! either will get the job done at those speeds :rolleyes:
What GPU (or set of GPUs) would be bottlenecked with those procs. would be the real question..

Back