• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So my DVD burner was at fault

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

Well after more frequent random restarts and battlefield 2 becoming very unstable i removed my dvd burner and poped in an old dvd drive i have and since then (about 3 days) the computer didnt restart and battlefield 2 didnt crash so i guess it was my dvd burner after all.

So which one do i get i was looking at the egg and in the $35-40 range we have
Lite-on, aopen, benq, pioneer,asus, samsung,lg, nec, and sony. which would you guys recomend? i had an nec and that went bad (i guess) so i am thinking the benq because of its reviews

I picked up a couple NEC Dual Layer burners awhile back and have had no problems and have no complaints. Plus, they were silver which matches my case.

i would definitely say stay away from pioneer, samsung, and sony. asus drives feel cheapo but i've never had one die on me so i can't really say. don't know anything about benq or aopen but i've heard lite-on are good.

Back