• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy basic and GOOD PSU combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sd06

Registered
I just want a basic full tower case with a reputable 500W PSU.
Any ideas.

Thanks,
Shannon

Most people around here suggest staying away from combos as they have poor power supplies. You are better off getting each separately.

Well, if i were you i would buy a cheap server case for $40 or so and a good PSU for $70 or so

dont buy combos the PSU usually sucks

then i would mod the **** outta the case

oh, i noticed you're new - welcome to the forums

never heard of silverstone, so i would say no to those

good PSU brands:

antec, enermax, OCZ, fortron source(cant think of any more but i know there are)

Silverstone mostly has average to good PSU's, with the exception of the ST56ZF of course. Most will agree that it is one of the best PSU's in its price range - as well as one of the most powerful.

If you need a recommendation for a PSU just post your budget and your setup and I'm sure many people will be glad to help you.

shard said:
The Antec Sonata II has a 400w silent PSU, and is about 80 bucks.

yeah and it has a smarpower antec PSU or something(it might be truepower)

but the case isnt full tower i dont think

shard said:
The Antec Sonata II has a 400w silent PSU, and is about 80 bucks.

450w smartpower actually, silentpcreview.com tested it to be fairly quiet, good combo, the original sonata has a 380w truepower but lacks 12v ampage

another good brand is seasonic, the seasonic s12 series are the most quiet PSUs that uses fans

There is also the OCZ Power Stream. It is notorious for its performance. Many people within this forum have this power supply. It's a tad pricey but you can't go wrong with it.

-GearShift3r

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look around and post what I come up with.

Back