• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A good combat flight sim?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tresmonos

Alright, I know a new Falcon game is out, but I haven't been into flight sims ever since my mac and F-117A Stealth Fighter. So its been a long while :)

Has there been any good combat flight sims released within the last 3 or so years? If so, list em off. I thought there might of been a B-17 game not too long ago that I'm going to try to research... I feel like dumping $$ into a joy stick and a realistic flight sim game.

Haha, I used to talk on the phone w/ my girlfriend while flying to my set waypoints then space out with the 'uh-huh' response as soon as SAM's or a mig would become airborne.

No problem, I was advised by Dan that when I get it to be sure to patch it. Lock On is made by Ubi Soft and they just quit using Star Force, But Modern Air Combat has starforce in it. I believe the latest patch removes it from the game but you will still need to remove starforce form your system. For info on that click that "protect your computing rights" link in my sig.

synthetic_fenix said:
No problem, I was advised by Dan that when I get it to be sure to patch it. Lock On is made by Ubi Soft and they just quit using Star Force, But Modern Air Combat has starforce in it. I believe the latest patch removes it from the game but you will still need to remove starforce form your system. For info on that click that "protect your computing rights" link in my sig.

¨Lock On :Modern air combat¨ is all just 1 game. No starforce in it. Was published (but not developed) by UBI.

There are some ¨standalone addons¨, which are basically versions with another aircraft in it. ¨Lock On : Flamming cliffs¨ for example. It has everything that you can find in Lo-mac, plus better physics engine and a new plane. It's a standalone, so you don't install it over Lo-mac. Beware that the developer got mad at UBI because they pushed the release of Lo-mac back then (for christmas 04 I think).... so they were forced to offer a non finished games full of bugs. The patches have fixed the bugs, but you can see what the rush did. Some of the models of the rare weapons are reaallllyy poor in comparison to the most used weapons.

The developer decided to ditch UBI for the ¨standalone¨ addons, and got another publisher. Lo-FC is one example. It's not distributed/supported by UBI anymore. The only bad thing about this addon, is that it has Starforce.

My screenshots are from Lo-mac.

dan

Back