• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

use for a PSU that the 12v is high?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
Ok so I got a little worried about my old PSU and decided to upgrade to a Fortron. Reason I got rid of the Apsire 550 I had was, under full load (100% CPU useage) it was running at 12.75v and the 5v was at about 5.5 or so. In about 2 months it jumped up that .75v and is still rising the few times I have powered it on to test a fan or idea.

Anyways, is there a use for an overvolting PSU? It runs great otherwise just runs too high for my liking.

What were you using to read the levels? Software or a DMM? If you were using Software (IE: MBM, Speedfan, Bios, etc) then the readings are probably not very accurate. If you used a DMM and got those, then I would not use that PSU in a PC. As for what you could use it for, anything that you have that may need a 12V source. I used an old AT PSU to power some CC lights outside of my case. It could also come in handy to test fans, etc.

Back