• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce2 compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hipcrostino

Hi, possible found from very cheap OCZ EL DDR PC-3500 Gold GX Dual Channel sticks. However it states that they are 'not recommended' for use on legacy nforce2 systems.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3500_gold_gx_dual_channel

my question is why isn't it recommended? and has this ram been run successfully in Abit nf7-s v2.0 boards? dose anyone know of any issues that accured with nforce2 and this memory, or just anything i should know?

finally, should i go for it, and buy the ram anyway?

I am not familiar with that ram, but if OCZ is not recommending it on an NF2 board I would not risk it. I use Kingston HyperX on my NF2 board and it was not recommended either, but not as boldly as the OCZ warning. I had to slow the timings down to get it to work, hence the extra money for the better ram was pretty much wasted.

Back