• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first time water-cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oblique

I have a Athlon 3200+ on a GA-7N400 pro2 mother board with a Radon 9800 graphics card and I am looking to get water-cooling to cover CPU, GPU and front side chips. All of the kit is running at standard speeds and I just want to get a quite pc.

My questions are:
Will all the be able to be cooled with one 120mm radiator?
I am looking to do this cheep as is possible so what kits would people recommend/where to buy from (i'm from the uk)?
How hard is it to put together and bleed a system?

Thank you for your help

i can only answer 1 and 3, but here they are

yes, but maybe not as quietly as you would want to be

not that hard, pretty easy

cheers, can anyone else recomend some cheep systems? Does anyone do a complete kit meeting my requirments or will i need to build the system from parts?

If you look on newegg theres a complete kit called the TT BigWater 745, its a good starters kit and includes everything, i think they are having a promotion right now so you can get a different CPU block/heat exchanger combo thing. I would tack that on for the extra 10 dollars because ive been told the block that it comes with cracks after a month. This kit comes with a two radiators, one single and one double. Also, you would have to buy video card and frontside chip water blocks but i would suggest getting air cooling for the north/southbridge chips. i think this is the link

heres at newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106074

And its cheaper here http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-86.html?id=Mxu7U2BG

i am also trying to sell this kit as i am upgrading, and it includes the Bigwater 745, a TT 4005 Heat Exchanger, ann MCW60 swiftech universal video card water block, Zalman ramsinks and some arctic silver 5.all of this would be 300 dollars but im not sure if im selling it online, if you have any interest just PM me

Only buy a kit if you absolutely have to, a kit is for the most part (from what i can tell from these boards) overpriced. Not to mention actually building your own is a GREAT learning experience.

Back