• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASrock SATA2 Temp auto shut down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sleepyone

Registered
I can’t seem to find it in the cmos set up to auto shut down for high temps. Is there a program that will work with this board? Speed fan looks to work but I can’t get it set up to auto shut down, and mem 5 doesn’t seem to work with it. I’m going to go to water soon as soon as my new case gets here, but it would be nice to have it auto shut down if im gone.

I think you can program MBM5 to do it. I use Asrock K8 all versions and winbond standard 5 to set it. Let me search and find a way to program the shutdown in MBM5. will let you know by tomorrow.

Ok I just found one called MBProbe that seems to work good. Just cant get the fan readings to work on it yet. But the Temp shut down seems to work after I tested it.

Ok.
I found a way for MBM5 to partially shutdown. It will just hang at "windows is shutting down" with all programs closed. another word if you are running prime for example and temp gets to shutdown temp(set in MBM5) it will shut prime and all other programs and goes to blue screen"win shutting down" and stays there. but computer will not turn off. you have to manually press the front panel shutdown botton. I guess its because win is 2 steps shutdown. but in any case, it will stop any programs from running.
If interested, I made the screenshot of what to do.
just search for tsshutdn.exe, copy it to desktop, go to MBM5 temp setting, check the high temp alarm, check " when the alarm goes off, start application" and copy the "tsshutdn.exe" to the box. set your high temp shutdown and you are set.
test it w/ running prime to raise the temp to your shutdown. It worked for me.
will look into it somemore to see if computer turns off completely any other way.
Screenshot

OK... Got good news :) figured it out and windows will completely shutdown @ desired temp. This MBM5 is a neat little program that you can play with.
You have to do several things. make sure you do all below to make it work.
1) go to bios and under advance config, under ACPI Config, set the "suspend to Ram" to "Auto"-CnQ is disabled, no need for it.
2) go to windows and start "Search" application. look for " shutdown.exe" and "tsshutdn.exe" files and copy both to desktop. to desktop for ease of finding these two programs.
3) right click desktop and go to display properties. click "screensaver tab", click "power", and you will see " Advance" tab and " Hibernate" tab. you need both. click on "Advance" tab and change to "shut down" where says " when I press power botton on my computer". Next click on "Hibernate" tab and uncheck "Enable Hibernation" another word, no hibernation.
4) Now go to MBM5 setting window and @ bottom, click on "Launcher". Right on top a small window and under it there are a"+" and a "-" folder. click on the "+" folder to add the "shutdown.exe" program that you copied to desktop. After the program is inserted in that little window, then highlight it. after you highlight it the temp range and what to associate this program with will become active. set the highest temp. to 2-3 degree below what your CPU critical temp. is going to be (the alarm temp) and set this temp linked to "CPU". It is important that you set this temp 2-3 degree below CPU critical temp, because this program(that you are associating it w/ CPU temp) must start before the CPU shutdown temp is reached. Otherwise, as said before, windows will shutdown partially.
5) Go to temp setting and under CPU temp enable "high temp alarm"
set the CPU critical temp for alarm to go off (remember this temp is 2-3 degree higher than step 4)
then click on folder to the right of "When alarm goes off, start application" and copy the "tsshutdn.exe" here from desktop location. enable (checkmark) this setting. Then go to next setting below it and set "shutdown delay to "2" seconds for quicker shutdown.
6) run Prime95 to test it. If all above steps followed correctly you will have total shutdown, monitor and system turned off.
Let me know if need more help.

Got it and thaks for all the help Going to try and set it up again after I drink some good AM coffee.

Back